Away Match Day Thread +++ 14/12/2019 Milton Keynes Dons v OUFC L1 +++

Absolute dogshite. Really poor and shows that Henry is our most important player by a distance.

This week has been pretty damaging.

man shitty will score double figures if we play like that.......absolute dross

Oh well. We weren’t great but hey. We had to lose at some point. Branners and Baptiste coming back is a big plus today and Woodburn also in the frame for next week. Wondering whether Fosu needs a rest?.

It had to come to an end. That it was against one of the division’s weaker sides is annoying. Three games including the EFL Trophy match with no goals is the main concern i would take from it.

Hope it’s just a blip. The side has played a lot of football and taken a lot of hits lately. I’m nervous it may become a wobble just as the time when games come thick and fast ...

I was going to say "see that's what you get for voting Tory", but decided not to :)

More seriously, I'm not sure if its us or them, but in the last two games we seem to have been psychologically on the back foot. The refs have been s**t, and - it seemed to me - worse for us, and the opposition were good at closing us down and taking or intercepting the ball. It suggests to me we've gone from being a fraction ahead of the pace to a fraction behind, and that has switched results, as well as switching what the ref perceives of tackles and incidents. Maybe it was inevitable that our match fitness would struggle, and the break we had, while helping recovery has taken 5% off our match fitness.

The unbeaten run was always going to end at some point, and after all of our recent injuries, we were always gonna struggle, and the bubble has finally burst.

But we've shown how good we are when everyone's fit, but we've had the worst run of luck with injuries that I've ever known us to have, and it's hit us hard.

But let's not get too down right now, as we've had an amazing few months, on and off the pitch, and I'm confident once everyone's fit again, we'll be firing on all cylinders again.

Bring on City

COYY

Back
Top Bottom