Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/1/2020 OUFC V Ipswich Town L1 +++

This doesn’t make sense... you’ll take a flukey win, but not a flukey draw?

Points are points and I’ll take anything we can get. If the performance isn’t great.... well we’ll just have to deal with in the analysis and look to put it tight.

The weather is going to play a role tonight I think.
`No youre right it doesn't make much sense! I just want us to rediscover our form and outplay them. Is this game going to be on ifollow tv seeing as its on a tuesday?

Are conditions playable over there? I’m not convinced they are here....

BBC weather for Oxford says light showers from 7pm and wind 19/20 mph from South west.

Surely Holland and Kelly as well, Holland played well on Saturday.
Yeah, I thougt Holland looked fantistic on Saturday. Hope he starts tonight. Sonds like the wind will be a big factor . I cant make the game tonight so will be following on here.

COYY!

COYY we need to win tonight to keep this season going after losing the last two league games 4-2 Browne Taylor Holland and Baptiste with a screamer

Tonight will show if we are going through he usual post Xmas slump or not. Hope for a home win. Ipswich are an inconsistent side and all we can hope is that the poor Ipswich side turns up tonight.

Wet too....if the wind gets much stronger the match may be called off?.....been called off in better conditions than these at the breeze block
Has it?

I can only recall it ever being called off for ice and snow and mainly because the stands were unsafe.

Has it?

I can only recall it ever being called off for ice and snow and mainly because the stands were unsafe.

Can't remember it ever being called of for wind. Even that game against scunthorpe where they moved the south stand lower fans to the north as a piece of the roof was hanging. They continued playing.

Has it?

Fair comment. I was specifically thinking of that sunny boxing day when it was called off due to about a yard of apparently frozen pitch....aint gonna be too pleasant for supporters trying to watch or players trying to play football, or for that matter trying to get too n from the ground .....still hoping for a home win, despite the conditions turning what should ve been a decent contest into a bit of a lottery

Last edited:
`No youre right it doesn't make much sense! I just want us to rediscover our form and outplay them. Is this game going to be on ifollow tv seeing as its on a tuesday?

If we carry on where we left off second half on Saturday we’ll be fine ?.

I’m more concerned about this weather at the moment.. awful evening.

Just arrived at the ground - that wind is absolutely HOWLING right now. Fingers crossed it drops before kickoff or it could be a real tough watch this evening...

Just arrived at the ground - that wind is absolutely HOWLING right now. Fingers crossed it drops before kickoff or it could be a real tough watch this evening...
Surprised it hasn’t been called yet f

Just got the canoe ready for the journey to the ground, blowing a hooley out there at the moment. How soon will Gorrin get booked tonight? Feels like an early booking sort of game for him.

Just got the canoe ready for the journey to the ground, blowing a hooley out there at the moment. How soon will Gorrin get booked tonight? Feels like an early booking sort of game for him.
Tonights referee Leigh Doughty averages about 3 yellow cards awarded per game, yep an early Gorrin booking likely to be on the err 'cards'

Tonights referee Leigh Doughty averages about 3 yellow cards awarded per game, yep an early Gorrin booking likely to be on the err 'cards'
Probably a homer as well so Dipswich can get away with Murder.

Back
Top Bottom