Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/1/2020 OUFC V Ipswich Town L1 +++

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Sykes Gorrin Baptiste Holland
Taylor Browne

Like to see us try a 442. Ipswich play a similar style of a 3 at the back with the flying wing backs that Burton did and Taylor struggled to cope with the workload with the 3 CBs on his own so maybe have Taylor playing of Browne to open up the spaces for Matty.

2-1
Taylor Long.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Gorrin Baptiste
Holland Sykes Browne
Taylor

Holland, Browne and Sykes swapping positions throughout the game.

It was being fair that led to KR putting out the wrong team on Saturday.

Play our best 11, and I would say at present, with the new arrivals, that Sykes doesn't quite make that, even if he was one of the better performers in the first half in the last match.

I’m not saying that Skyes is better than Kelly etc, all I’m saying is, Skyes is match fit and is good enough, whereas, Kelly isn’t match fit yet, hence why I would start Skyes at the moment.

So effectively this matches your comment, and I totally agree that we should have stated Mousinho and Taylor Saturday, and not started Brannagan when he wasn’t match fit.

Oxford United v Ipswich Town
LEIGH DOUGHTY
Stephen Brown and Gareth Viccars
Fourth Official : Christopher Husband

Last seen in the FA Cup game against Walsall...

57 yellows and 2 reds in 20 matches.
Reffed our cup win at Walsall.
Promoted from the conference this summer.

So effectively this matches your comment, and I totally agree that we should have stated Mousinho and Taylor Saturday, and not started Brannagan when he wasn’t match fit.
Re: Brannagan. It's tricky though when the medical staff say the injury has healed and a bit of pain is to be expected (although I am not sure I understand that really) and the player himself is seemingly so keen to play that he says he is OK to do so if he can actually walk! Unlike some of the other team selections on Saturday, I can see why he was picked - I think it's important to impress upon him that he has to be brutally honest though. I'd rather he sat out a few games and was properly fit when he came back rather than being too gung-ho and either having to be subbed or (worse) re-injuring himself.

Re: Brannagan. It's tricky though when the medical staff say the injury has healed and a bit of pain is to be expected (although I am not sure I understand that really) and the player himself is seemingly so keen to play that he says he is OK to do so if he can actually walk! Unlike some of the other team selections on Saturday, I can see why he was picked - I think it's important to impress upon him that he has to be brutally honest though. I'd rather he sat out a few games and was properly fit when he came back rather than being too gung-ho and either having to be subbed or (worse) re-injuring himself.
Totally agree.
If the medical experts say that he is ok and he is ok in training and seeks ok, what on earth is KR supposed to do?
Maybe he should simply ask some of our supporters ?

I agree, but to help the team Brannagan has to be honest. It was very clear that he wasn’t fit early on.

KR noticed this early on too, hence why he phoned down to get Mous etc to ask him, but I think he needed to over ride the response as it was clear he wasn’t right.

Going to miss this one, Mrs Lounger still feeling unwell and doesn't want to risk making things worse. Paid out the tenner to iFollow instead for a video pass. Not the same but can't drag her out of the house when she is feeling rough.
Just hope the neighbours are able to forgive any noise they may pick up this evening!
No idea if this works but, phoned Rosie (left a message) and offered our two seats in the 1893 club to anyone he felt deserving of an upgrade or a free match ticket.

Any chance of this being called off due to wind?

Going to miss this one, Mrs Lounger still feeling unwell and doesn't want to risk making things worse. Paid out the tenner to iFollow instead for a video pass. Not the same but can't drag her out of the house when she is feeling rough.
Just hope the neighbours are able to forgive any noise they may pick up this evening!
No idea if this works but, phoned Rosie (left a message) and offered our two seats in the 1893 club to anyone he felt deserving of an upgrade or a free match ticket.

Could you not have gone on your own?

Back
Top Bottom