Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/1/2020 OUFC V Ipswich Town L1 +++

Big match I would rather we dominate but not get the result we deserve than be played off the park and fluke a draw, obviously a flukey win will be absolutely fine!

eastwood,

long no other choice,
Dickie,
mousinho,
ruffels,

Holland,
gorrin,
baptiste,
browne,

Kelly,
taylor

subs- fosu needs a rest, moore, agjei, stevens, sykes,

Mackie mr motivator pre match on the MIC instead of rosie :)

4-1 home win browne, taylor 2, holland,

taylor will do what all good strikers do and get a couple tonight attendance 7691!

eastwood,

long no other choice,
Dickie,
mousinho,
ruffels,

Holland,
gorrin,
baptiste,
browne,

Kelly,
taylor

subs- fosu needs a rest, moore, agjei, stevens, sykes,

Mackie mr motivator pre match on the MIC instead of rosie :)

4-1 home win browne, taylor 2, holland,

taylor will do what all good strikers do and get a couple tonight attendance 7691!

Kelly’s not match fit yet, and Skyes was one of our better players Saturday, so a bit unfair to drop him.

Attendance more likely to be 8700+ I believe

I'll have to cycle to this one so I'll be the bloke with carrier bags sellotaped to his feet.

Big wind and rain tonight so ball on the ground, running at them, likely to be effective, but then they're good at that too.

3-2 to us after they have a man sent off.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that he was hanging around for a week or so before going back.
All I know is he was being sent back in loan. Personally can’t see him being in the match day squad but is definitely one for the future.

just looking at the fixture list over the next two weeks we could actually be 10 or 12 points from the top of the table in two weeks time if we are unable to get the 3 points tonight,
Gillingham away on Saturday is always tricky especially with the “fat controller“ in charge and the we then go two full rounds of matches with no league game (FA cup 4th round on the 25th and 3 days later we were supposed to be playing Bury) so every other team gets a game, yes we will then effectively be two game behind everyone else however we could be sitting in and around 10th place giving teams who go above us more confidence to push on..
points in the bank are always better than games in hand and it now looks like Sunderland, Portsmouth and Doncaster are now hitting form and are likely to be in the shake up for the honours as well........

Tonight could be a tough game with the predicted weather, so I hope the more nervous fans keep this in mind.

If there is a game to bring Kelly in, it is this one. We saw how the midfield struggled early with a half fit Brannagan and we may need to balance the passing and structure of the team. Can see Mous and Taylor coming in too.

We've been near the top of the league for a while, so no need to needlessly panic. COYFY

Kelly’s not match fit yet, and Skyes was one of our better players Saturday, so a bit unfair to drop him.

Attendance more likely to be 8700+ I believe
It was being fair that led to KR putting out the wrong team on Saturday.

Play our best 11, and I would say at present, with the new arrivals, that Sykes doesn't quite make that, even if he was one of the better performers in the first half in the last match.

0-0. Won't know how good a point is till the end of the season.
DON'T CONCEDE EARLY must be the mantra.

We need to just get back to short, fast, incisive passes on the ground. If they want to press high then we have to have everyone take responsibility and demand the ball.
If we have serious intentions to win this league, then our players will need to dig deep for this one tonight.
If they all play as they are capable of playing and give it everything, then we should win this game.
1-0 Taylor

Will miss this one as I am in sunny Spain

if the weather looks as bad as it is in the forecast then it is anybody’s game.
In these conditions you don’t want to be up a big strong team and luckily both sides try and play football.

Could go either way expect a scrappy game and one mistake due to the conditions might be the difference

Hoping for a win but will settle for a draw especially if we have been behind

The only home game I can remember v Ipswich is in 1985, we were 3-0 down at half time but won 4-3 with a Aldridge hat-trick.
The last one I remember was 1992 season and they got promoted. There was over 10,000 at the Manor and there were loads of police and horses on the pitch at full time.

I think a home defeat unfortunately. I sense that Robbo will once again spring a few tactical "surprises". Coupled to that Norwood back in their team and the potential for a defensive horror show and a rusty keeper. Luke Garbutt free kick winner -2-1.

Big match I would rather we dominate but not get the result we deserve than be played off the park and fluke a draw, obviously a flukey win will be absolutely fine!
Don't agree - we've had too many of these - Blackpool, Doncaster, etc. Need to win ugly sometimes.

just looking at the fixture list over the next two weeks we could actually be 10 or 12 points from the top of the table in two weeks time if we are unable to get the 3 points tonight,
Gillingham away on Saturday is always tricky especially with the “fat controller“ in charge and the we then go two full rounds of matches with no league game (FA cup 4th round on the 25th and 3 days later we were supposed to be playing Bury) so every other team gets a game, yes we will then effectively be two game behind everyone else however we could be sitting in and around 10th place giving teams who go above us more confidence to push on..
points in the bank are always better than games in hand and it now looks like Sunderland, Portsmouth and Doncaster are now hitting form and are likely to be in the shake up for the honours as well........

You can look at another way by say that get a win tonight (Ipswich have only won once since the beginning of December), and then beat Gillingham to go into the FA Cup game right in the mix. That also gives us a midweek break to recover ahead of a busy February/March where we will be playing twice most weeks. We will have games in hand, and whilst nothing can be taken for granted, I'd hope to get results against AFC Wimbledon and Accrington if we are serious about going up.

Sunderland and Portsmouth have hit a little form, but we have them both at home and results against them will mkae things a lot more comfortable.

It was being fair that led to KR putting out the wrong team on Saturday.

Play our best 11, and I would say at present, with the new arrivals, that Sykes doesn't quite make that, even if he was one of the better performers in the first half in the last match.
Sykes has also had real impact off the bench at times this year, the language of 'dropping' him seems a bit unfair when it's more like sensible squad rotation imo

This doesn’t make sense... you’ll take a flukey win, but not a flukey draw?

Points are points and I’ll take anything we can get. If the performance isn’t great.... well we’ll just have to deal with in the analysis and look to put it tight.

The weather is going to play a role tonight I think.

Back
Top Bottom