Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/1/2020 OUFC V Ipswich Town L1 +++

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Baptiste
Holland Taylor Browne

SUBS: Mackie, Fosu, Sykes, Agyei, Hall, Moore, Stevens
Fosu needs a rest, and Browne and Holland were very good in the 2nd half on Saturday, and can provide the service for Taylor, who clearly has to start.
Not sure how fit Kelly is, but with Brannagan out, give him 60-70mins.
REALLY need to go for it tomorrow and get the win, because eventually the top 6 will start to pull away, and we want to make sure we're part of that, and not losing too much ground on the trop two either.

COYY
I like this, but start Fosu or Sykes over Holland. I'd rather have the option of real pace on the bench if needed.

There would have been a lot more optimism with Ipswich coming to town if we had picked up a positive result against Rotherham as 4 points from the two games would have kept us right in it....
The pressure is now firmly on and the performance and the result must go our way as 3 league defeats on the bounce would wipe out the 9 points we gained just before and over Xmas....
The game is too close to call and although it is our game in hand nothing less than 3 points we do to put us in a clear 3rd and back in the mix......

Look, we've just been tonked by Rotherham, so its pretty obvious to me what will happen against ipswich. A dog will run onto the pitch and we'll win 2-0 with Holland and Fosu getting the goals. The att: 8009 with 1245 Ipswich fans.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Baptiste Gorrin Browne
Holland Taylor Fosu

Subs: Stevens, Moore, Atkinson, Kelly, Sykes, Agyei, Mackie

This starting XI.

Of course. But I still don't see the point in predicting a defeat, especially against a team that hasn't been in great form.
What a stupid comment. “See the point in predicting a defeat...”? Er, perhaps because that’s what I think will happen (not what I want) Your positivity is to be admired, but there are often other points of view. Strangely.

Of course. But I still don't see the point in predicting a defeat, especially against a team that hasn't been in great form.
Well there is no 'point' to predictions either positive or negative! It is just people giving their best guess as to what will happen. If people want to post a prediction and honestly think we will lose then that's what they'll say. You can't be the Thought Police and let nobody else have an opinion unless it agrees with yours...

Looking forward to the game - thanks for your helpful tips on the parking (other thread).
Heard good things about Oxford this season so should be a decent clash.

Well there is no 'point' to predictions either positive or negative! It is just people giving their best guess as to what will happen. If people want to post a prediction and honestly think we will lose then that's what they'll say. You can't be the Thought Police and let nobody else have an opinion unless it agrees with yours...

Because that's exactly what I said!!

Unfortunately I think the weather will ruin this game which may or may not reflect the teams ability. We all know strong winds can be a great leveller, so here’s hoping we have a bit of luck.

Atkinson hasn't gone back out yet.
Jack Stevens has posted on Instagram about tomorrow's game. First time since October he has posted. Seems a strange one to pick to refer to on social media "big one tomorrow" considering the various fixtures in past few weeks. Could Eastwood have an issue or am i reading too much into it?

Back
Top Bottom