Votes: 4 15.4%

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Late replacement for Liam Doughty.... appeared to be consistantly inconsistant, albeit conditions were a factor. Missed many shirt tugs and even more pushes from Ipswich players on Our players. Did try to play advantage (despite conditions) ....wasnt as 'bad' as saturdays ref.....though in 58 years of watching the U's that was the first ever suspension of play for a period of time ive ever witnessed- good call it turned out & well done the forking groundsmen- a generous 4 /10from me......due to the initiall foul on mous was right to overall Ipswich pen shout, though i did think (in a partisan way) that the handball late 2nd half by an ipswich player in their pen area could/ maybe shouldve resulted in a pen for us?

Last edited:
I thought he did well. The suspension of play was a good call (and resulted in the completion of the game) and he made allowances for the conditions. He did miss a few things here and there - what ref doesn't - but he was fair and up with play. One of the better ones IMO.

i thought he was excellent, had a sensible approach to tackles that could easily look bad but allowed for the conditions just a shame a certain PL couldn't do that constantly waving his arms and shouting at the ref or lino/4th official.
With regards the stoppage i thought everyone handled that very well and full credit to the ref.

Did very well IMO.

I am guessing you are the 4 rating @Sarge :)
I am ....its a decentish mark from me tbh .....best mark ive awarded all season for a ref was 8 for the ref of the citeh cup game (i thought he was exceptional)...most my marks are 5 or below & yes i am a bit critical of match officials in league games especially :sneaky:

I`ll go with a 7. Late replacement (weather?) and looked young (don`t they all?). ?

I am ....its a decentish mark from me tbh .....best mark ive awarded all season for a ref was 8 for the ref of the citeh cup game (i thought he was exceptional)...most my marks are 5 or below & yes i am a bit critical of match officials in league games especially :sneaky:

Think he then went an had a shocker in his next league game by all accounts but in fairness was probably wishing he could ref a decent football side instead of those Premiershi*e one's again :)

Excellent official who showed a lot of common sense and gumption in a very tricky situation. How anyone can mark the guy down is beyond me.

I thought that he handled the weather situation very well ( he was right to stop the game as football was getting impossible, and he could have mistakenly abandoned the game)
He took account of the conditions without any stupid bookings.
Regarding the penalty he admitted to have made a mistake in that he should have given Nous a free kick and therefore didnt give a penalty.

Didn't rate him at all unlike others.

He consistently missed/ignored their forwards not looking at the ball and stepping into/jumping into the Oxford player when going for high balls. The pushes in the back when Sam Long is jumping for the ball was ridiculous. I know we committed fouls as well but we got pinged for them far more as their no.48 rarely looked at the ball, just the Oxford player when jumping for it as an example.

Fosu pretty much always had somebody grabbing him on the ball and plenty of bodychecks/shirt pulling off the ball which was ignored as well.

The inconsistency of his decision making annoyed me.

He handled the delay in the game well. And at least didn't give them that penalty after Mous was fouled which he missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom