Ref Watch 14/09/19 OUFC vs Tranmere Rovers - Rob Lewis

How did he do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marked Ox

God like member
Rob Lewis did pretty well for me. Yes he made mistakes but generally got the key decisions right. He was also consistent with his mistakes/interpretation for both teams so the players would know the sort of decision he'd make. He could have maybe dished out a few more yellow cards for some of the free kicks given for fouls on Fosu but that is a minor complaint really. Definitely better than others we've seen imo.

As an aside, Rob Dickie's booking was stupid, if he'd left the ball or put it down a few feet from the place of the foul, I doubt he'd have got booked even after having his say. The only person to blame for that caution is Rob Dickie.

I thought he was ok. Tranmere supporters didn't seem that pleased with him.

Better than most so far ... (a bit of a shortarse )... though not good/ excellent etc ... felt he couldve given a few more Tranmere players yellow cards for some of their more wayward challenges on some of our players(Fosu especially)... so not too bad, just above average IMO

Last edited:
Initially (from the East Stand) I thought our first pen was soft, but having watched the highlights, I think it *was* a pen - and I did like how he took time to think about it. I'm not sure it was the most difficult match to ref - neither team was dirty - and he was certainly better than some we've had.

And the few I've seen agree they were both penalties which is usually the complaint!

True. They didn't have much cause for complaint on either (and didn't complain much). IIRC early second half there was a series of decisions that went against them, one or two laughable (from my North Stand eyrie).

He was a bit of a homer, not muchly so. Odd, if he'd been intimidate-able he'd have given them everything for the first half, while our supporters were looking at their iPhones in silence.

He definitely seemed a homer to me. Favoured us with the decisions, even if both penalties were pretty much right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom