Home Match Day Thread + + + 14/08/18 OUFC v Coventry City EFL Cup + + +

DannyW

Think we'll scrape a 1-0 looking forward to one or two youngsters playing

1-1. Coventry win on pens. Kip etc have a field day.

Attendance 5,379. 750 from Coventry

No idea on score but suspect attendance could be as low as 3000. Our annual excursion to the SSU tonight so please save us a couple of biscuits.

I think we'll get thrashed, and on Saturday, but then start getting it together and be a decent side by Christmas.

Mitchell
Norman Nelson Raglan Garbutt
Brannagan Mous
Baptiste Henry Holmes
Obika

1-0, Obika. COYY

Low attendance due to 1) disasterous start to the season 2) 0 goals scored this season 3) head coach views league cup as irrelevant.......tough game to call, heart says OUFC finally nick a win (by one late goal) with batiste motm. head says Coventry stroll it without breaking into a sweat aided by clangers from goalkeeper number 5 on oufc books

The mighty yellows suddenly spark to life under the lights

A disappointingly low crowd enjoy a goal fest as the Us come out on top in a 7 goal thriller.

4-3. Smith, Henry (2) Browne.

:)

Couldn't muster much enthusiasm for this. We will score however and ultimately lose 2-1. Henry the scorer.

3-2 win feeling positive. Then we get ourselves an away tie to Aston Villa.

Low attendance due to 1) disasterous start to the season 2) 0 goals scored this season 3) head coach views league cup as irrelevant.......tough game to call, heart says OUFC finally nick a win (by one late goal) with batiste motm. head says Coventry stroll it without breaking into a sweat aided by clangers from goalkeeper number 5 on oufc books
Whilst that may be a romantic view of why the attendance will be low none of those points will make a difference to the attendance.

There was less then 3000 home fans this time last year when all of those points were the opposite.

I'm a season ticket holder and not going. 1st round of the cup, I reckon there are under 10 fixtures I'm paying money for to go to in this round. We are playing a team who we are playing at home again in less then a month.

We could have won the last 2 games 6 nil and it wouldn't have made a difference to me attending this fixture.

EDIT: Tough 1-0 win. Not sure who's going to play so can't pick a goal scorer.

Eight changes from the team that started Saturday.

Holmes & Nelson not even on the bench.

Evening all. Must win? No, but a win would help boost the confidence. So 2-0 for the mighty Yellows.
No live scores tonight unless anybody wishes score updates from any interesting games. Let me know.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Desperately need a good performance tonight. 3pts would be great, but would settle for just getting off the mark. COYY!

Back
Top Bottom