Away Match Day Thread 13/11/2021 L1: Ipswich Town v OUFC

These were the comments made by an Ipswich friend I have known for over thirty years. We shaded the first half although we hit the post and should have scored.
Oxford are a good team that play football and are solid at the back. Quite physical.
Poor gamesmanship at the end that was unnecessary and spoilt a good game. Did anybody who attended the game form the same opinion?
When I accompanied him to the 1-0 win a couple of seasons ago, he was very balanced in his view and said we deserved the victory.
I did hear the cry of boring boring Oxford on the radio commentary. I got the impression that we were seeing out a point with a few minutes left. Obviously players tired and a draw seemed fair at the end.
Certainly would have been horrible to concede at the end. It does appear that Ipswich are on the U.K. and might well have a say in the promotion race
I was there and I was bemused by the boring boring Oxford comments. Yes we played the game for the last ten minutes but earlier we had been pressing early and had some good goes at goal. It’s a good deflection from their own inadequacies though I thought they offered very little and can’t see them doing a great deal this season based on that performance.

In a funny way that was one of our best performances of the season. Even though we failed to win - we created plenty in the first half. I thought it was a penalty on Holland - but then again the ref only had a decision to make because Holland was indecisive when he should have been getting a shot off.

Second half we were under the cosh for 20-ish minutes, but I thought McGuane was fantastic when he came on. His power and mobility changed the game and made it an even contest.

The way we went toe-to-toe with (and were arguably better than) them in the first half, then the way we dug in and pretty comfortably saw out the second half was impressive.

Absolutely adored the ‘boring boring Oxford’ chants. I particularly enjoyed it when a group of very erudite teenagers thought they’d bash into me trying to explain the concept of a battling away point to my 5YO daughter to swear and shout ‘boring boring Oxford’ right at her*. So happy that we’ve toughened up and are not letting teams walk all over us. Sheff Weds didn’t like us either - I thought the description of it on Radio Oxford on the way home - ‘winning mentality’ - was accurate. About time we found that!

*don’t worry - she stomped her feet and yelled ‘exciting exciting Oxford’ at them. I felt so proud 🥰🥰

That last 15 minutes in the second half was classic Wycombe tactics of derailing their momentum. Exactly like Wycombe did earlier on us this season with Akinfenwa rolling around. Good to see we have the dirty side to grind out results this season against the top sides. Ipswich will be close to the top 6 this season and let's see what they do against Rotherham on Saturday.

I just wonder after that performance we might get something at Wigan. Can but hope, as it would put us in contention for automatics rather than play offs. Obviously many games to go, but I fancy us this season. Enjoying Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Charlton struggling to gain momentum this season

I just wonder after that performance we might get something at Wigan. Can but hope, as it would put us in contention for automatics rather than play offs. Obviously many games to go, but I fancy us this season. Enjoying Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Charlton struggling to gain momentum this season
If we can get 7 points from the next 3 games I will certainly start thinking maybe this could be our year to do something special 🤞💛💙

On his side’s goalless draw with Oxford, Evans added: “It was a pretty even game in the first half, although Oxford were probably the better

But they are very BIG. Far too BIG to be here. The sooner they get promoted out of THIS POXY LEAGUE the better. :)
Oh how little you remember
This was exactly how we were seen when we were in the Conference and with some justification especially the first couple of seasons down there
Then we came to realise that we were there for a reason mostly the OGB who took us on a journey in the wrong direction but bad management on and off the pitch
So the sooner Sunderlands Ipswich Sheffield Wed Charlton and Portsmouth accept this the better it will for them

Little rant on the ticket office.. sent us 3 tickets when we ordered 4, didn't open them until saturday morning (they arrived late friday) tweeted & was told to email no reply all Saturday morning so not sure what the point in that was, had to keep messaging the twitter account for any sort of updates, they called me at 2pm and i was made to feel like this was my fault? complaining because she isn't working today and she was suppose to be doing other things? A ticket was sorted in the end but very reluctantly.

Little rant on the ticket office.. sent us 3 tickets when we ordered 4, didn't open them until saturday morning (they arrived late friday) tweeted & was told to email no reply all Saturday morning so not sure what the point in that was, had to keep messaging the twitter account for any sort of updates, they called me at 2pm and i was made to feel like this was my fault? complaining because she isn't working today and she was suppose to be doing other things? A ticket was sorted in the end but very reluctantly.

Why can't they do e tickets for away games aswell? It's 2021 ffs.

Back
Top Bottom