Home Match Day Thread 13-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra (2nd attempt MATCH OFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have a good reason for the late cancellation, it does seem likely it is test result related. If they decided to test again to be careful that is good.

It was announced 4 hours before KO, so I guess they wouldn't have been here by then. If they were, then I take back the first part of my post!
They travelled over night for the original game can’t see no reason why they didn’t this time albeit an evening kick of which if they did travel today they must have travelled with the knowledge that one or more are sick with coronavirus in which case the EFL have to act.

What’s wrong
Nothing wrong but your wishes aren't going to happen. I've taken your original wording and updated with my thoughts about what's not going to happen rather than what's wrong:

I hope the EFL will now sit up take notice (they won't) as to what Corona Alexander are doing, turning up 1&1/2 hours before our original game to tell us about the player ( Beckles ) testing positive but turned up to play them during last week after further resting 2 more players tested positive but that’s ok we will play Wigan only to fail to fulfil tonight’s fixture. Something amiss here and Coronavirus Alexander are being less than forthcoming with the truth. A points deduction award is the 3 points (no chance) and fine the idiots (absolutely no chance)

I hope they have a good reason for the late cancellation, it does seem likely it is test result related. If they decided to test again to be careful that is good.
But should they have travelled without knowing the results?

Nothing wrong but your wishes aren't going to happen. I've taken your original wording and updated with my thoughts about what's not going to happen rather than what's wrong:

I hope the EFL will now sit up take notice (they won't) as to what Corona Alexander are doing, turning up 1&1/2 hours before our original game to tell us about the player ( Beckles ) testing positive but turned up to play them during last week after further resting 2 more players tested positive but that’s ok we will play Wigan only to fail to fulfil tonight’s fixture. Something amiss here and Coronavirus Alexander are being less than forthcoming with the truth. A points deduction award is the 3 points (no chance) and fine the idiots (absolutely no chance)
Well that will be this season finished sooner than what people think

If they tested but just found out they won't get results until tonight at 10pm for example what should they do? How many coaches should they bring!

If they tested but just found out they won't get results until tonight at 10pm for example what should they do? How many coaches should they bring!
Then they shouldn’t have travelled or at least go begging to the EFL explaining that

I think all this talk of points deductions and forfeiting games is premature without all the details. There are going to be a lot of similar incidents and postponements this season.

What is clear, it’s that Crewe have done themselves no favours, and handled both occasions awfully.
Agree with this, we can handle it as professionally as we want but there will be a case where we are affected seriously by COVID and need the understanding of others. Saying Crewe should be hung drawn and quartered is an overreaction.

Agree with this, we can handle it as professionally as we want but there will be a case where we are affected seriously by COVID and need the understanding of others. Saying Crewe should be hung drawn and quartered is an overreaction.
I agree, you can imagine private tests getting more scarce and expensive with longer turnaround

There's only one way to stop this nonsense - mass testing paid for by the PFA. Not holding my breath though.

As much as I want us to be awarded the three points it'll be more than likely the EFL will rearrange it again.

Even beyond that, it says “Crewe have decided the game should be postponed“.

When what they mean is, “We are unable to fulfil the fixture”.

Not a shred of accountability from them over the two match days.

They have to be the ones to call it off being the team affected.

Whilst it is funny to say ‘give us the three points’, we do need to know the grounds to this postponement.

If Crewe players testing positive is the excuse and with a tinfoil conspiracy hat on, could a team with a few legitimate injury concerns or a non-Covid illness running through the camp not say ‘got a few positive tests in here’ and have a game postponed for when they know that they’ll have players back?

If games are going to be postponed at every instance of Covid, we’re never going to finish this season …

They have to send in documentation I think to back up the reasoning for the postponement. Certainly do in the National League and that is even more shambolically run.

What’s that got to do with travelling or not
If for example Crewe took tests a few days ago being promised results by 8am today.
Then they didn't due to even private testers getting overwhelmed by demand, then they had a problem. Have you no sympathy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom