Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/10/18 OUFC v Plymouth Argyle +++

One player i think had a very good game but hasn't received much praise is Ruffels. 2nd half especially. Played a crucial part in the second goal putting Mackie through and was a very good attacking threat whilst nullifying Carey on the right before he was forced to swap wings. Thought him and Browne worked well together.
Yes for some reason our fans give him little praise, he had an excellent game yesterday IMO

We all know that left back isn't his favourite position (he has said so enough times!) but the fact that he played there and was more effective than an Everton player we have on loan is revealing. The thing about Ruffels is that he is actually a very professional player - he isn't a prima donna, he does what he is asked and does it well and can play in a number of positions. I always think that if he was a player we had signed (rather than just always 'being there') we'd appreciate him more. The OP is right to draw attention to his contribution yesterday.

I totally agree that Ruffels had a very good game at left back. He is AN unsung hero.
Talking of which McMahon was very steady and his dead ball delivery was very good also.
He’s not a great player but he’s the sort a lot of good teams at our level are made up of - always very fit and competitive. I’d love to know what he thinks about the whole thing, about never quite being first choice. He could probably go somewhere like Cheltenham and be captain which I suspect he will do quite soon.

He’s not a great player but he’s the sort a lot of good teams at our level are made up of - always very fit and competitive. I’d love to know what he thinks about the whole thing, about never quite being first choice. He could probably go somewhere like Cheltenham and be captain which I suspect he will do quite soon.

He’s a good squad player, but if we had better players to choose from then I don’t think he’d be in the starting line up.

Yesterday our fullbacks were not really tested, so let’s see what happens over the next few weeks, but he deserves his place in the team at the moment.

The thing about Ruffels is that he is actually a very professional player - he isn't a prima donna, he does what he is asked and does it well and can play in a number of positions

We all assume he isn’t a prima Donna because he plays in such a synonymous and no frills sort of way that equates to such a personality.

I’d love to find out that behind closed doors he insists the changing room temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit at all times, that PRB formally welcomes him with a plate of Ferrero roche, and that nobody is allowed to look him in the eye on matchdays

I totally agree that Ruffels had a very good game at left back. He is AN unsung hero.
Talking of which McMahon was very steady and his dead ball delivery was very good also.
His ball in for the Dickie chance in the first half was wicked.

I see Graham Carey from Plymouth is apologising for his teams abject display. He’s saying they should have converted a chance or two in the first half, and they were terrible in the second half. He also believes they have enough quality in the side, having drawn with Barnsley and beating Wimbledon previously.
We too have enough quality to stay up and move up the table, however, Plymouth were that poor in the second half on Saturday I can’t see how anyone would see them staying up.
I just hope we can get our first away win on Saturday, and avoid defeat against Charlton, that’ll be difficult as we always seem to struggle there

I see Graham Carey from Plymouth is apologising for his teams abject display. He’s saying they should have converted a chance or two in the first half, and they were terrible in the second half. He also believes they have enough quality in the side, having drawn with Barnsley and beating Wimbledon previously.
We too have enough quality to stay up and move up the table, however, Plymouth were that poor in the second half on Saturday I can’t see how anyone would see them staying up.
I just hope we can get our first away win on Saturday, and avoid defeat against Charlton, that’ll be difficult as we always seem to struggle there

Plymouth are woeful in just about every metric. If anything, fortunate to not be further adrift

We've won at Charlton the last two seasons haven't we?

I know we won there last season. Hopefully returning Robinson will get one over his last club

Er - we’ve won our last three games at the Valley.

Do you ever get anything right? ?

Back
Top Bottom