13/08/22 - L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they’ve got any sense there won’t be much confiscating of water bottles on the day. It’s going to be monstrously hot. Let’s hope Rovers do have some sense.

I've said it on the other thread, and I'm doubling-down on it - big win incoming and our first real marker this season.

- OUFC to score at least 3 goals.
- At least 2 of our goals to be scored within 8 minutes of each other.
- At least 1 goal scored by Marcus Browne.

If anyone wants to price that up for me as an accumulator that would be lovely.
69/1

Sad fact is that for 99.9% of sensible people, there will be the odd dick head who will throw something…

It may seem petty but sadly you have to make allowances for the odd drunken t**t that spoils it for everyone else.

A friend of mine fainted on the terrace in the heat last time I was there and it was hot.

This assumption that we are going to lob bottled water at home fans is ridiculous.

I remember being there back in 99 for an early game in the season when it was ridiculously hot.

I bought a bottle of Virgin Cola (sign of the times!) from the open terrace kiosk. It wasn’t in a fridge and it was so hot it tasted like it had been warmed up in the microwave for two minutes.

True story.

I’ve got more away-day beverage related anecdotes if anyone wants them.

giphy.gif

As people say 99.9% of people are not morons - unfortunately we know there are morons. It’s my biggest bug bear about football is that all football fans are treated as idiots - no other sport treats their fans this way and yet we just have to accept it.....because there are always some idiots who can’t control themselves and go to far. I guess this is some what increased with a certain Matty Taylor playing.

I just wonder how the heat might effect the game?
Scoring first will help ( not sure that you want to be chasing a game in 31 degree heat)
Then not giving the ball away ( which we seemed to do a little too much if the the past couple of games)

I'm sure at Derby they were serving cans of Thatchers in the concourse so you could have conceivably taken a can to chuck on the pitch, more dangerous than a water bottle lid.

What a complete knob Barton is, completely wrecking this guys confidence and probably ruined his livelihood.

What a complete knob Barton is, completely wrecking this guys confidence and probably ruined his livelihood.

There are many styles of man-management but I can't imagine a universe where that one is effective!

Some quite nasty and unnecessary comments.
There is being honest but I would imagine that most Bristol Rovers fans will be uncomfortable with that interview

The Preview confirms that Eastwood is back in goal for this one. Not a surprise really.

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Seddon
McGuane
Brannagan Bate
Jones Taylor Browne

Subs: McGinty, Golding, Brown, Gorrin, Goodrham, Bodin, Joseph
Though I can't imagine both Golding and Brown will be on the bench, Robbo does like to load up on attackers.

3-1 win, I reckon. 2x Taylor and 1 for Joseph.

I remember being there back in 99 for an early game in the season when it was ridiculously hot.

I bought a bottle of Virgin Cola (sign of the times!) from the open terrace kiosk. It wasn’t in a fridge and it was so hot it tasted like it had been warmed up in the microwave for two minutes.

True story.

I’ve got more away-day beverage related anecdotes if anyone wants them.

giphy.gif
I remember going to eastville in the eighties and their stewards were throwing bottles of water and sweets into the oxford crowd because of the heat.

I hope Brown plays left back - I can’t see what more he can do to prove that he’s a better option there than Seddon.

I’d play:

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
McGuane
Brannagan Bate
Goodhram Taylor Browne
Give the young lad a reward for doing well recently. With five subs you can always take him off if it isn’t working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom