Away Match Day Thread +++ 13/07/2019 PSF: Woking v OUFC MDT +++

How can you deduce that 'we cant afford a free agent...'
RO implied that the club didnt want to keep him.
Wasnt this a possibility or did you seriously think that the club couldn't afford him? Or do you know that to be a fact?

Then KR that it wasn't dead in his interview, and they are going to speak to his agent on Monday, interestingly not the player.

I said couldn't afford him because the person who I went to the game had mentioned he was on quite a high salary before he left Scotland, which is way above what we would pay him based on the fact that he is a free agent CB and not a 20 goal a year striker.
[/QUOTE]
Then KR that it wasn't dead in his interview, and they are going to speak to his agent on Monday, interestingly not the player.

I said couldn't afford him because the person who I went to the game had mentioned he was on quite a high salary before he left Scotland, which is way above what we would pay him based on the fact that he is a free agent CB and not a 20 goal a year striker.
Jon Guthrie is the cb, was never in Scotland?
[/QUOTE]
I'm in a total state of confusion regarding this post. Surely the triallist CB was Guthrie, released by Walsall on a free. Where does the high wage in Scotland come into it.

[/QUOTE]
I'm in a total state of confusion regarding this post. Surely the triallist CB was Guthrie, released by Walsall on a free. Where does the high wage in Scotland come into it.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry I meant Walsall, too many Scots amongst us atm.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
We can afford him, we may not want him or he may prefer a club where he knows the manager or whatever.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
I bet you did!

• React
Reactions: m
Chris Williams must have written this and the Mail have taken it also. He bloody loves The Jam. Wouldn’t shut up about them when we worked together. Them and The Wedding Present. Both of them are rubbish.

The Jam were rubbish? They were one of the best bands to come out of England mate, inspired many thousands of us to lead the lives we do/did. I understand anyone has a view but to say they were rubbish is, er, rubbish!

I didn’t think it was as bad as people are saying, yes it was poor and disjointed, we certainly lacked a cutting edge up front

A 1-1 draw with that team, after that week is no disgrace. It's not ideal at all, but such is the transfer market, it probably did some younger players a favour. Welcome to the real world.

A 1-1 draw with that team, after that week is no disgrace. It's not ideal at all, but such is the transfer market, it probably did some younger players a favour. Welcome to the real world.
Clutching at straws maybe but back in our conference days we would’ve considered a 1-1 draw at Woking a good solid point. Now we’re managing it with 17 &18 year old kids. I’d say that shows progress of some sorts ?

Edit: And no effing striker even before anyone says it!

How can you deduce that 'we cant afford a free agent...'
RO implied that the club didnt want to keep him.
Wasnt this a possibility or did you seriously think that the club couldn't afford him? Or do you know that to be a fact?

[/QUOTE]
He is earning £0 at the moment and comes from a relegated side....I'm sure that he is affordable if we want him that is

Looking back on that. Woking were a big tough team, I think they'll stay up in the Conference. Our youngsters, particularly Lofthouse and Lopes, were bullied off of the ball. Hanson and Long didn't hit their passes accurately enough and Fosu looked like he was carrying an injury. Frear took his goal neatly but didn't do much else. Berkow got stuck in but he's not L1 standard, nor on that brief showing is Allardyce. Heap looked decent but he was playing in the same space as Brannagan and Gorrin so Woking were going past them on the wings at the end. Lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw thanks to Eastwood.
And that bapwagon is still the tops, best bacon cheeseburger I've had since the last time we were here.

Agree with most of that but don’t see that Berkow isn’t league 1 standard, he was good

Back
Top Bottom