+++ 13/07/20 L1 Play Off FINAL - OUFC v Wycombe+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be said that if we lose tonight that will be three wembley defeats in four years. That would surely be some sort of record that we definitely do not want against our name.

I’ve got a feeling that the first goal will be crucial tonight. I know we came back twice against Portsmouth but that cant keep happening.

We’re all understandably nervous, but now isnt the time for faint hearts. Be brave and have faith. With the likes of Rob Dickie, Cameron Brannagan and Marcus Browne in our team, we have real quality that most teams certainly wouldn’t fancy facing tonight. We can most definitely do this!

Plus. Taylor, Henry, Gorrin, Eastwood, Moore. All match winners or savers. Then there is Ruffels and Long, local lads who will fight for everything. Oh for one of those to be the hero tonight. Which just leaves Sykes, who we've established above will have a field day against Jacobson.

Someone mentioned the possibility of Browne starting centrally (if Taylor didn’t start) which I don’t mind:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Woodburn Brannigan
Henry Browne Sykes​

Or, if Woodburn isn’t deemed fit/sharp enough still then:

Eastwood
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Agyei Browne Sykes​

(The above teams are only if Taylor wasn’t fit enough to start; obviously I’d play him if he was)

I like the look of that second front three - full of pace, power and trickery - I also like that second team’s midfield two

Someone mentioned the possibility of Browne starting centrally (if Taylor didn’t start) which I don’t mind:

Eastwood
Gorrin
Woodburn Brannigan
Henry Browne Sykes​

Or, if Woodburn isn’t deemed fit/sharp enough still then:

Eastwood
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Agyei Browne Sykes​

(The above teams are only if Taylor wasn’t fit enough to start; obviously I’d play him if he was)

I like the look of that second front three - full of pace, power and trickery - I also like that second team’s midfield two

With those two teams, both of which look good and the team that started last Monday, there are 13 players listed from the squad. So two could be used as subs, that's without mentioning Mousinho, Forde, Hanson, Kelly, Napa, oh, and of course Taylor. The quality is embarrassing !

Today is just the day to be knocking our players!! Robinson and the players talk about how much Mackie offers, and he's been part of our most successful squad in a generation. So I think I'll back their judgement over yours!

scotchegg I do as I wish not what you tell me the truth hurts sometimes and so has hanson been part of the squad and again done f all, we will win and we will go up if we go for it

Man for man we are better than them. But that does not mean that we will win. We all have to play like this is the last game ever. If we do that, as a team, give it the best of us and give every ounce of us out on that pitch, we will be playing championship football next season.

Felt pretty calm before logging on today. Having read this thread I'm now a nervous wreck.
Hopefully all will be concluded satisfactorily by 9:15. COYY!

Felt pretty calm before logging on today. Having read this thread I'm now a nervous wreck.
Hopefully all will be concluded satisfactorily by 9:15. COYY!

Bloody hell... just read that as 19.15!!! Christ, now that was a momentary panic. Thought I had cocked all my arrangements up ?

Who wants it more? Doesn’t really come down to much more than that at this point. What will be will be.

At least for today, any opinions on individuals simply don’t matter. It’s all irrelevant for the next few hours. 100% support required for every last person in a yellow (or white) shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom