+++ 13/07/20 L1 Play Off FINAL - OUFC v Wycombe+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago when the derby was oxford city v Wycombe I saw a game at the White House which city won 1-0 , the game decided by the weirdest penalty conceded, a city corner was over hit going beyond the farpost ,Wycombe defender assumed it had gone out and caught it, the linesman pointed out to him that he was still on the pitch not off it, much debate and arguing ⚽⚽⚽⚽

Got a bottle of beer in the fridge ready for tomorrow night...nervous but confident we can do it! COYY

disagree, Mackie has tonnes of experience and wears the defenders down, start him for 60 minutes then bring on the big guns

I think it worked well against pompey because we were so evenly matched but I would rather we tried to get this game won by 60 mins and have Mackie to see it out this time add ageyi if we need fresh legs for extra time. Really hope we go at it right from the start and play em off the park.

660ml of beer through a football match seems about right to me. However in big games like this I become a border line alcoholic. I will be full of nerves and 5 pints to the wind by kick off.
Unfortunately I have work Tuesday so I can't drink too much!

Need to get yourselves a beer and wine only fridge. Best household appliance purchase ever. You never know when an emergency may arise.
On the shopping list for new house. First time we will have space and looking forward to making best use of the extra room!

As most of my Wembley trips have been rather tipsy affairs have we always had the "West" end on every occasion? Or was "new" Wembley rotated in anyway from the old one?

Decent read & well written piece.

No one hates Swindon more than me but let’s be honest it does feel like you’re going to a proper football environment when you go there, it feels like a football town. Wycombe just doesn’t. It’s ironic that it’s the furthest of the three but to me our rivalry will always be Swindon undoubtedly first, Luton second, ironically I grew up equal distance between Oxford and Luton before moving to equal distance between Oxford and Swindon, and Reading third. Wycombe, MK, Northampton mean nothing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom