Ref Watch +++ 13/07/20 L1 Play Off FINAL - OUFC v Wycombe+++

Only just had a chance to listen back to the radio oxford post match analysis. Robin Cowan is not a good pundit at all in my opinion. Not sure what it was but compared to Jerome Nathan & Co who seemed deflated Robin just seemed happy almost in tone.

You have absolutely no evidence of this.

Even if it did happen it would be karma for Mousinho’s antics back in December.

have you any evidence it didn't happen stool-boy? .... more likely it did happen, as you appear to concede in your second sentence, than it didn't

Yeah because that’s how it works isn’t it..

You completely bottled it and you know you did, Moore and Henry especially.

Never understood why some people can't just enjoy their success without any drama. Why are you wasting your time on an opposition forum trying to pick fights? There are so many more important things in life that you could be doing.

Changing subject slightly .... Anyone else watching Burnley v wolves on BBC? Two of my favourite premiership teams.
But notice the difference between Dion Dublin as co- commentator/summariser and Hendrie.
One enthusiastic, well informed, insightful, nice sense of humour. The other, not!

Changing subject slightly .... Anyone else watching Burnley v wolves on BBC? Two of my favourite premiership teams.
But notice the difference between Dion Dublin as co- commentator/summariser and Hendrie.
One enthusiastic, well informed, insightful, nice sense of humour. The other, not!
The BBC have some good pundits who are funny, like Ian Wright. Sky were more traditional and pompous.

Never understood why some people can't just enjoy their success without any drama. Why are you wasting your time on an opposition forum trying to pick fights? There are so many more important things in life that you could be doing.
to be fair, pretty much the entire Wycombe fan base have snuck on here since Monday evening :LOL::ROFLMAO:

as for picking fights, its the only place they have the bottle to say or do anything, is from behind the safety of a f*****g keyboard, anonymously

I do enjoy watching the likes of Wolves I have to say.

Much better than the shower of shite with the likes of Liverpool v Everton etc, which are always pumped up and utterly boring.

Enjoy watching Southampton too...

Oh, and Dion... such a likeable chap.

Yeah because that’s how it works isn’t it..

You completely bottled it and you know you did, Moore and Henry especially.
Wycombe are skint. They could be one of the 40 clubs the Huddersfield chairman has said that could go to the wall.

I was just thinking...

A few days on now and I am surprised I am not more upset still than I am. Obviously it was a wonderful chance to go up and being in the Championship (or Division 2!) again would have been an adventure. But it all seems a bit unreal. I suppose because we didn't get to finish the season and have the weeks and weeks to build up the excitement to potential joy (or disappointment) of getting into the auto promotion places (or not) or playoffs (or not). So the playoffs just sort of 'happened', and of course we couldn't go and watch. I am a very poor listener / tv watcher of our games - I find it far more tense than being there and cannot say that I really enjoyed a minute of them. The lack of atmosphere really made them seem like rather grim, tense training games.

I think for me that I felt much less of a 'part' of it than if it had been a normal season followed by playoffs that we could all go to, so perhaps that's why? Being a part of a crowd at a match is obviously very important to me.

I don’t think Robinson was out foxed by Ainsworth, in what way ? If defending for your life, having a keeper on his game and seeing dead balls as your only route to success then, yes, he might have been out foxed I suppose but in a pure football and tactical sense Robinson won hands down, no question at all.
He won hands down????!!!! Football is a results based business and we lost 2-1. Ainsworth set it his team to play a strong direct sort of football that wins games and does so cheaply and doesn't take time to gel. Sounds like he made the correct decisions. For me there is something honest and glorious in direct route one football. Statistically speaking tapping about results in much fewer goals that one's with less than 3 passes before it.

He won hands down????!!!! Football is a results based business and we lost 2-1. Ainsworth set it his team to play a strong direct sort of football that wins games and does so cheaply and doesn't take time to gel. Sounds like he made the correct decisions. For me there is something honest and glorious in direct route one football. Statistically speaking tapping about results in much fewer goals that one's with less than 3 passes before it.
I would not watch route one , we should have won and another day we do by 3 or 4.
Glorious , cripes its bloody rubbish to watch . Brazil didn't get the glory of football by hoofball ...no one does .
Have you watched rugby ? Think you would love it ?

Know exactly how you feel ZTH.

The last few months have been pretty surreal all round, from going into lockdown ahead of the official lockdown, due to family illness to today. . . . just all very weird. Watching the football has been an odd and frankly dislocated experience. Sure the nerves, the hopes etc were there come the game...but nowhere near the same as being there....not even close. In all honesty, If I'm brutally honest, I felt more engaged by the previous two Wembley appearences, simply because we were there ...it was a spectacle, we were part of it and could drink it all in....despite it not mattering anywhere near as much as this match did.

From the dithering over how to end the season to the ham-fisted way they finally decided, it started taking a lot of gloss off (for me) of what we had achieved to that point.
To be in 3rd. To be the form team in the division going into the final games. I felt a real sense of something building.

Maybe we would still have been in the playoffs, but the chances are we would be a team going into them at or near the top of our game and with packed houses cheering us all the way.

In another sense, I wasn;t sure I fully "believed" that we were within touching distance of the Championship.

And further to this....who knows what the future will hold for the professional game below the highest levels.

Right now, I am just glad to have a club to follow...and that club has brought a lot of joy in recent (pre-lockdown) time. The pain of losing that club would be infinitely more painful and harder to stomach that what we endured on Monday.

I was just thinking...

A few days on now and I am surprised I am not more upset still than I am. Obviously it was a wonderful chance to go up and being in the Championship (or Division 2!) again would have been an adventure. But it all seems a bit unreal. I suppose because we didn't get to finish the season and have the weeks and weeks to build up the excitement to potential joy (or disappointment) of getting into the auto promotion places (or not) or playoffs (or not). So the playoffs just sort of 'happened', and of course we couldn't go and watch. I am a very poor listener / tv watcher of our games - I find it far more tense than being there and cannot say that I really enjoyed a minute of them. The lack of atmosphere really made them seem like rather grim, tense training games.

I think for me that I felt much less of a 'part' of it than if it had been a normal season followed by playoffs that we could all go to, so perhaps that's why? Being a part of a crowd at a match is obviously very important to me.

The more I dwell on it, and I try not to, the more I see the game as 10 seconds of madness. Browne pursues the back pass or Moore puts his head on the clearance or Easty shouts get rid or it isn't the one Wycombe player quick enough to get there first and we probably go on to win it as they were looking spent.

A perfect storm that doesn't come along too often. Another similar slightly longer storm that springs to mind is Brentford in 2013 (if the link below) works

They missed out on autos due to those few seconds, beat the scum in the playoffs semi then lost the final to Yeovil.

No hangover the following season with automatic promotion as runners up to Wolves.

Getting a Wycombe season ticket for next year then ?.

Back
Top Bottom