Ref Watch +++ 13/07/20 L1 Play Off FINAL - OUFC v Wycombe+++

Depends on how bad one has to be before one can be described as 'not turning up', I suppose. Still thought second half we played better than the two performances against Pompey albeit unfortunately toothless up front. All right, first half below the 'not turning up' line.

b****r. Just got to a cafe with wifi after 3 days on a beautiful beach near Ningaloo station. 2 hour drive over bumpy tracks, got to a cafe in Exmouth with wifi . Fumbled the password for a bit. Didn’t have my specs and first thought it said 1-0 until my daughters sad face told me it was 1-2. a**e. a**e. a**e.

Another fine piece of writing - maybe even a masterclass.

My only issue - a minor one given the quality of the piece - is the following :

" A long ball forward DROPPED over Elliott Moore and into a space filled by the powerful Fred Onyedinma... "

Possibly the wrong desription as it seemed initially that Moore's movement was to go and attack Allsop's long clearance and then, incredibly,
ducked out of it after possibly hearing a shout.

The rest is history as Eastwood and Onyedinma then collided in the box. On viewing the video, Eastwood seem to exclaim to Moore that he didn't shout anything.

To be honest when he was at the helm we were punching way above expectations. Didn't we beat Hull City at home and they were the big spenders. We also were top two for a while. Then kassam pissed him of and he ended up going to rovers and we slid down missing the play offs on the last game of the season.

oh yeah we were punching above our weight alright. The problem was a style thing. I remember the debate at the time was between those who just wanted results and those who wanted to be entertained. Oh my god it was dull! We basically didn’t need a midfield hoofing it long for 90 minutes. Very similar to Wycombe when they play with fattyfenwa. Ainsworth has a similar view He doesn’t care what it looks like as long as he wins and that’s fair enough. But it’s s**t to watch.

kassam pisses everybody off.

b****r. Just got to a cafe with wifi after 3 days on a beautiful beach near Ningaloo station. 2 hour drive over bumpy tracks, got to a cafe in Exmouth with wifi . Fumbled the password for a bit. Didn’t have my specs and first thought it said 1-0 until my daughters sad face told me it was 1-2. a**e. a**e. a**e.
You do know our children can be very mischievous right and very clever with technology?:unsure:???

Fond memories of Ningaloo and Exmouth. Is it Whale Shark and Manta Ray season at the moment?

Nobody does any more, that’s why spicepool is dying on its a**e.

I stayed in Blackpool about 20 years ago for a long weekend. It was an absolute s**t hole back then.... god knows what it’s like now! I wouldn’t holiday there if it were the last place on earth! With a 10 billion pound investment and all the chavs rehoused somewhere I might go back.

Listened to the Talsport clip of Adrian Durham, where they mentioned the Wycombe had nine players signed before pre-seaso. Right, but when the league started, they had a squad.
Their first game of the season was a 2-0 win over Bolton, who had 3 players and a bunch of kids. The EFL showed what imbeciles they are, by allowing skewed results to stand.

I did like to part where Durham mentioned Wycombe are skint and they might have problems signing people due to financial constraints.

I stayed in Blackpool about 20 years ago for a long weekend. It was an absolute s**t hole back then.... god knows what it’s like now! I wouldn’t holiday there if it were the last place on earth! With a 10 billion pound investment and all the chavs rehoused somewhere I might go back.
I can assure you there is no change, sorry I mean it’s an even bigger s**t hole now and full of spice and I don’t mean cumin, parsley or turmeric.

Just watched the Quest highlights. Ok, we were nowhere near our best but how the hell did we not go on to win that after equalising.

Can't believe that Browne didn't chase the scuffed backpass and, even then, we didn't deal with the clearance. Wish I hadn't watched then now!

I look back at 2 points dropped against Bolton and more importantly our shambolic 1st half against Rotherham at home. If we could have just drawn that game we would have been celebrating automatic promotion. But full of what ifs. Hope the board has the vision we deserve as a club!!
We only scraped into the playoffs thanks to late goals against Southend and Shrewsbury. There's no reason to focus on games we could have won but didn't.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1594738800/1594740600/

Adrian Durham ( a bitter Posh fan ) on Ainsworth & Co.
Wow he is bitter! Whats that about it all backfiring on owners of other clubs in the play offs who secretly admitted they would rather face little Wycombe than the mighty Peterborough and Ivan Toney in the playoffs..?! Maybe he should be a bit careful about what he’s insinuating, it certainly wont win posh many friends. They’re certainly going to bear a massive grudge for a long time.

Atletico Madrid's game really? what get a goal and then try defend it, now where've i seen that before.

As for only teams like Barca and Real Madrid can win playing in the way they do, it does help if the opposition have a beat already mentality yet Man City took the P**s out of them in their own backyard.

Don't recall opinions on our style of play being wrong throughout the season and when on such a run prior to Lockdown.
M City are in the Madrid category. Madrid have been inconsistent over the last couple of yrs, Casemiro isn't really all that good, Kroos is well past his best, Modric is shattered, so to I would guess is Varane, Ramos is on the downhill slope, but i'd find it funny if Madrid beat City in the 2nd leg.

Wow he is bitter! Whats that about it all backfiring on owners of other clubs in the play offs who secretly admitted they would rather face little Wycombe than the mighty Peterborough and Ivan Toney in the playoffs..?! Maybe he should be a bit careful about what he’s insinuating, it certainly wont win posh many friends. They’re certainly going to bear a massive grudge for a long time.

I think what he was saying is that with Posh in the Play offs, the other playoff teams would have seen this as a much harder tie than facing Wycombe. Almost suggesting some complacency for those facing “little Wycombe”

I have to admit, out of the 4 teams in the playoffs, I felt Wycombe was the preferred final and our best chance of going up....

I think what he was saying is that with Posh in the Play offs, the other playoff teams would have seen this as a much harder tie than facing Wycombe. Almost suggesting some complacency for those facing “little Wycombe”

I have to admit, out of the 4 teams in the playoffs, I felt Wycombe was the preferred final and our best chance of going up....
Maybe. I hope thats what he’s saying. To be fair I think Posh do have a right to feel aggrieved. I still havent seen a decent argument as to why WPPG wasnt applied.

Funnily enough, if we had played a team like Posh in the final I would have been more comfortable with us winning it. We always do better in games against teams who play proper football - one thing that hasn't really been mentioned is that 3 of the 4 goals we conceded in the play offs were from route one hoofballs. The game would have been a lot more enjoyable to watch for the neutrals as well.

oh yeah we were punching above our weight alright. The problem was a style thing. I remember the debate at the time was between those who just wanted results and those who wanted to be entertained. Oh my god it was dull! We basically didn’t need a midfield hoofing it long for 90 minutes. Very similar to Wycombe when they play with fattyfenwa. Ainsworth has a similar view He doesn’t care what it looks like as long as he wins and that’s fair enough. But it’s s**t to watch.

kassam pisses everybody off.

Most matches at that time I would read the programme in the stands. Yeah we were 2nd and winning but it was barely watchable. I thought our name had been changed to Oxford 1 Crosby (pen).

Durham is literally a professional wind up merchant, its his actual job.

Back
Top Bottom