Ref Watch +++ 13/07/20 L1 Play Off FINAL - OUFC v Wycombe+++

People saying with Wycombe's style "they can keep it" but in what way were we the more entertaining side over the last three games? We created less than they did. In this game, Wycombe weren't just firing mortar strikes into our box they were playing calculated and well executed long balls with fast runners. Strong set pieces that fans could actually get excited about. When was the last time we could genuinely get excited by corners?

Will they get spanked in the Championship? Yes. But I won't be looking at Wycombe and thinking they play ugly football anymore because to be frank, they don't.

I'm still relatively happy in League 1 and hope we can remain competitive next season. And I Ionder how many of those who started tonight will be Oxford players next season.
Disagree massively. They play staggeringly ugly football. Look at the stats- average 23rd in the league on shots, posession etc. But scarily effective. And theyre going to Villa and Derby next season. We're going to Accrington Stanley.

Shame on Eastwood, he bloody body checked that player, who seemed to be going away from goal.

The worst thing about this, is something that should never happen, the squad gets broken up again, and we have to start all over again with new players taking 5 - 10 games to get settled.

I don't think the performance was quite as bad as some are making out. We didn't take chances and made some f*****g foolish mistakes...small margins. For the most part we dominated play. Wycombe created nothing, and scored from 2 dead balls.

I will lose sleep wondering why the f**k Henry didn't put his laces through it.

I feel bad for Moore. He was our main ball player and was hung out to dry.

I've backed Easty until now, gotta say, his time is done. Be happy if we could get the loanee we had back in January perhaps. Thought Gorrin was wrong for the game, but Robinson made the right switch there. If Bran is off, I'd be happy with Kelly staying. him, Moore, Sykes, Forde, Gorrin...perhaps Taylor would be the nucleus of my side next year. I do worry about Henry. The weight of his passes and decision making frustrate the f**k out of me.

Such a shame that some players will likely now move on. Particularly Bran and Dickie.

Most important is keeping the Boss.

We’ve got to look at the positives before we get ourselves too down. Yes it was horrible to lose out in the final but we have had our highest finish in decades. We got to the quarter finals of the league cup and lost out to Man City. We also drew against Newcastle then took them to extra time in the return leg. We beat West Ham 4-0. Yes it was a horrible ending to the season but I have to look at the positives to get me through this.

Disagree massively. They play staggeringly ugly football. Look at the stats- average 23rd in the league on shots, posession etc. But scarily effective. And theyre going to Villa and Derby next season. We're going to Accrington Stanley.
Funny old game.. ?

I'm f*****g gutted. If Brannagan isn't controlling a game then we're bang average.

We are so insufficient at side back. Even at this level- it's not their fault but you HAVE to have LBs and RBs that can stretch the play effectively when required. We don't have that. Especially when you're a possession based side.

Eastwood cost us 3 goals in 3 games by his standards. Taylor anonymous. Henry invisible too. All our key players.

I'm also furious because we're still 10 times the team they are.

People saying with Wycombe's style "they can keep it" but in what way were we the more entertaining side over the last three games? We created less than they did. In this game, Wycombe weren't just firing mortar strikes into our box they were playing calculated and well executed long balls with fast runners. Strong set pieces that fans could actually get excited about. When was the last time we could genuinely get excited by corners?

Will they get spanked in the Championship? Yes. But I won't be looking at Wycombe and thinking they play ugly football anymore because to be frank, they don't.

I'm still relatively happy in League 1 and hope we can remain competitive next season. And I Ionder how many of those who started tonight will be Oxford players next season.
That’s the worry I think.

In L1 where we belong after these poor play off games.

We need another keeper to give Eastwood some threat, he has a free ride atm.

Feels like an international summer tournament where England get knocked out. All the OUFC Dec's down straight after the final whistle.

Back
Top Bottom