Ref Watch +++ 13/07/20 L1 Play Off FINAL - OUFC v Wycombe+++

I agree- but at the same time I'm now desperate for the Championship. Two seasons in that league with the revenue and we can be the club we should be. Couldn't really care less about the competitiveness or entertainment in League 1.

Let's not beat around the bush- it's proper s**t compared to Championship footy. That's where I want to be as I'm sure you do.

We also need to remember how hard we've struggled in League 1 in recent years and that we aren't necessarily going to be competitive in this league every year!

We are certainly not "too big for League 1" so, as you say, we have every right to be completely gutted about missing out so narrowly on an unlikely promotion.

Cursed place for us three times in a row. Our players haven’t got the mentality for it.. we need more ruthlessness. Time to knock this tippy tappy bullshit on the head and get some strong, quick players in who can win the physical battle. Our mentality should now be, let’s get automatic promotion, not rely on a playoff lottery where we just bottle it. I would have a radical overhaul of the team starting with our mediocre full backs and goalkeeper and look to get a strong striker in. Obviously we need a couple of centre backs now and wingers with Dickie leaving and loan players leaving. As I said radical overhaul required in earnest if we are to improve.

Silver linings
I agree, Taylor is lazy but a good finisher. We will struggle next season without Brannagan, dickie etc. We must attempt to keep these players otherwise our team will be in dire straits. Eastwood needs to go as well, he has been great previously but I thinks he's had his time now.

For the first time, reaction from me after sleeping on it. Need to get my thoughts in order. Gutted, suffice to say.
Night everyone!

We did not turn up for real , we are so much a better side then that.
Eastwood costs us the game , very poor.
We lost to a tin - pot club , with 4K fans and a manager with red cowboy boots on...... Will never get such a chance to better ourselves for along time , and sorry but I feel players was not up to it ..
? shaking head , as to why ??
?

This result will have implications for the whole club. Financially and from the aspect of players and management.
Another season in League 1.
Very depressing.

Our team next year will be poor.. all our best players and the manager will be gone. Tiger and Co will rinse every last penny.. We will be in a relegation fight next year for sure. That's why I'm so pissed with this. The nice football will be gone but no point in playing nice if you can't put it in the back of the net.. Can't help thinking the pace of fosu and creative spark of baptiste would not have gone a miss. This is our level and we did great this season and alot of that is down to KR. If we had all the tools at our disposal that we started with this season then maybe we would have gone up in the automatics.

Cursed place for us three times in a row. Our players haven’t got the mentality for it.. we need more ruthlessness. Time to knock this tippy tappy bullshit on the head and get some strong, quick players in who can win the physical battle. Our mentality should now be, let’s get automatic promotion, not rely on a playoff lottery where we just bottle it. I would have a radical overhaul of the team starting with our mediocre full backs and goalkeeper and look to get a strong striker in. Obviously we need a couple of centre backs now and wingers with Dickie leaving and loan players leaving. As I said radical overhaul required in earnest if we are to improve.
I completely agree, Taylor is alright but for the automatics we need a player who will provide more. As for the full backs well the less said the better, time for a new Right back and probably left back too. Eastwood has had his time as well

Were we really that bad ? The result is a shocker but I thought we played pretty well bar sloppy moments in both boxes. Certainly we were more like ourselves tonight than either semi final tie where we got more positive results.
Was it because Wycombe’s style of play allowed that though? For all our posession were we really that dangerous or did we just have loads of pointless posession just like every other team that play Wycombe have? I reckon Ainsworth is a very good shout for league 1 manager of the season.

To be fair that's what we were going for before the season was suspended due to Covid-19.

What’s up Mods a couple or knobheads from other clubs on here sort it out

• React
Reactions: UTM
Back
Top Bottom