Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/04/2019 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon Match Day Thread +++

blimey is it that time again
depends what team plays. carry on as last few games then 2-0, rest some and change it round a bit, 1-1.
hope we carry on the good form though and try and get as high as we can. get couple of goals then give the kids a go.
the wombles have had a bit of good form as well though so should be a good game

ah just remembered Browne and Kashi not playing so hopefully Mous can do as well, with Whyte and Graham causing them problems

Good chance to try different players which we will have to anyway.
I too reckon 3-2. Sinclair hat trick, putting pressure on to get him sign him

Two of league ones in form teams, if we had a full team available I would fancy us but with a couple out I reckon it will be a draw, especially with this game being worth more to them than us.

bad tempered match, cards abound like confetti, at least 2 red cards, 1-1 until 90th minute ( Sinclair) , then up pops Ruffles, with another smash n grab winner, result 2-1 home win
if that happens then Ruffels will definitely win player of the season.
what would that be - last minute winner hat trick?

Goals!
Goals!
More goals!

An absolute thriller, two red cards, two penalties (one missed), 3-3 with yet another last-minute goal.

(or 0-0)

I'd mix up the team selection a bit

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Brannigan Sykes
Whyte Graham Garbutt
Sinclair

It would be interesting to see how Graham does in a more central role, I think he could do well although I suppose if we're definitely not going to get him next season then there's not much point I guess

I personally wouldn't bring any youth players into the team until we're 100% mathematically safe, hopefully after this game...

Might start thinking for next season.

Assume we replace Nelson and play the same back 5 as last week. Mousinho in the holding midfielder role. This is the pattern that, once discovered, has served us in our run of improved results (apart from xmas or whenever when the manager unaccountably did away with the holding midfielder).

Not much point in playing the first class passengers so Browne and Garbutt can do one. That leaves Sinclair as the only front player in the club (unless Jonte Smith is) so he has to play.

Brannagan and Sykes need to be (with Kashi if possible) the spine of the midfield, Whyte can offer threat. There's something of an open slot wide on the left, not sure who play there, perhaps we can slot Fluffer Graham in there until we fine someone with a bit of result for next season.

Eastwood
Mousinho
Whyte Brannagan Sykes Fluffer
Sinclair

Eastwood
Brannagan Kashi
Whyte Sykes Graham
Smith

Hopefully begin to see some squad players eased in as season comes to an end, would like to see Nico Jones especially but probably not the best opposition for a CB to have a debut against + sounds like he'll be with the U18s also.

Eastwood
Brannagan Kashi
Whyte Sykes Graham
Smith

Hopefully begin to see some squad players eased in as season comes to an end, would like to see Nico Jones especially but probably not the best opposition for a CB to have a debut against + sounds like he'll be with the U18s also.
Well Kashi won't be playing. Two yellows in the last game!

Bit of a test this, compared to Walsall. Dons have had four wins, two draws and a defeat in their last seven.

They were pants when we played them at their place and beat us so I'm hopeful for a revenge of sorts.

ah just remembered Browne and Kashi not playing so hopefully Mous can do as well, with Whyte and Graham causing them problems

Oh yeah, s**t! Forgot about that. Kashi will be a big loss. Mous well rested and Whyte and Graham as back up for Browne ain’t too shabby.
I hope we start off with a strong line up and bring on a few kids later on.
Tonnes of momentum with the squad after the last few games so 2 or 3 nil winners.

EDIT won’t be easy tho. They’re on a good run too.

Back
Top Bottom