Away Match Day Thread +++ 13/02/18 ROTHERHAM V OUFC MATCH DAY THREAD +++

mickbrownsconscience

First time I've started a match day thread on the new forum. Formbook says we will get a tonking so nothing to lose.
Mous needs a rest. We probably have to play ASB as part of his loan deal but I'd still play Ricci as he is proper left-footed.
Rothwell's better than Mowatt so I would go with:

Eastwood
Kane Martin Carroll ASB
Napa Ledson Ruffels Ricci
Rothwell Thomas

But what do I know?
See you at the New York.

God do we really need another game already :(

I had a good feeling about Bristol and look what happened. Perhaps a bad feeling about tomorrow will reverse again.

2-0 Rotherham.

Another new ground for me, not many other positives I can currently think of about going tomorrow, hopefully as ESB says that might be a good omen

Mousinho, Mowatt and Ruffels need benching, so does Wes but we'd need another striker for that to happen, start Napa, maybe put Canice a central midfield 3 alongside Ledson and Rothwell (if he's fit)

Is it likely to go ahead?? Lots of snow around isn’t there?

Solid away win here - probably defend a first half goal to take it 1-0, then get tonked 3 or 4 by the GReen ARmy at the weekend - Faz fading into background knowing he's blown his audition in front of the new manager in the stands

Mousinho & Ruffels need a few games on the bench. Strengthen the midfield flanks, encourage the 2 young fullbacks to get forward. With Thomas & Obika plainly not fit I’d give Napa & B-R a chance to scare defenders with their pace and run the channels

Eastwood
Kane, Martin, Dickie, S-B
Henry, Ledson, Rothwell,Ricardinho
Napa, B-R

Heart says 1-2, head says 2-1.

Bit of a free hit this given their form at home. So why not put in Dickie and Napa. And Agon too while we're at it, he looks uncannily similar to a mate of mine so by association I have an unusually large desire for him to succeed. Also Ricardinho given a full match at left wing would be interesting.

Eastwood
Ledson, Ruffels
Napa, Rothwell, Ricardinho
Mehmeti

Also gives us good options off the bench in IBR, Henry and Mowatt.

3-0 Rotherham though - sorry. They've conceded once at home since Christmas, and that was to Blackburn.

Last edited:
Bit of a free hit this given their form at home. So why not put in Dickie and Napa. And Agon too while we're at it, he looks uncannily similar to a mate of mine so by association I have an unusually large desire for him to succeed. Also Ricardinho given a full match at left wing would be interesting.

Eastwood
Ledson, Ruffels
Mehmeti

3-0 Rochdale though - sorry. They've conceded once at home since Christmas, and that was to Blackburn.
Agree 100%.

Eastwood
Ledson, Ruffels
Mehmeti

3-0 Rochdale though - sorry. They've conceded once at home since Christmas, and that was to Blackburn.

That is assuming Dickie can play left centre-half and I haven't a clue if he can or not. Certainly Martin can't based on the brief times last season.

Eastwood
Ledson, Ruffels
Mehmeti

Rochdale?

Eastwood
Kane Martin Dickie Ricardinho
Ledson Rothwell Ruffels
Henry IBR Napa

Not too bothered about the team apart from Napa and Dickie, would like to see them both starting.
0-2, Rothwell and IBR late on.

Who knows? I mean, who the hell knows? Wouldn't be surprised if we got hammered 0-4 or reproduced 'a Peterborough'.

Anyway, my fourth game of the season. I've yet to see us score, let alone win. Sorry folks.

Hex!

After her 4th home game of this season on Saturday,(all home defeats) me n my dad have banned my sister from matches for the rest of this season as it seems she's a Jonah-ess! A proper hex she iso_O

Trust your righteousness and water walking capabilities invoke and inspire theU's to unexpected away win @Pete Burrett

Scrappy game with a bit of thievery late on to nick all 3 points I fancy

The Lincoln yellows are making the relatively short journey to Rotherham, train tickets booked, arrive in the South Yorkshire town at 2.30pm.....
5 hours to kill before kick off, I trust the pubs are open all day....
Which Jekyll and Hyde team of ours will show up tomorrow, the lack lustre team of our last two home games or the battling side that lifted our spirits at Charlton Athletic.
A Rotherham supporting friend of mine tells me that they are on a 4 game winning streak however not by pulling up any trees which gives us some hope...
A difficult game, we will score, it just depends on how many we concede...
Head says a 3-1 defeat, heart says we can come away with a 3-0 away win....
There should be a decent home crowd, they have averaged over 8,500 over the last 4 home matches, I can’t see many yellows making the trip.
For the prediction I am going with my heart...

Rotherham Utd - 0
OXFORD UNITED - 3 (Thomas, Ruffles and Henry from the bench)
Att - 7865 (369 noisy yellows)

Have a feeling we will fluke a draw tomorrow. Get dominated for 70 minutes and then nick a goal.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho ASB
IBR Ledson Rothwell Napa
Henry Mehmeti

2-2
IBR Rothwell

One boost for us fans is Saturday we could see Brannagan Hall amd Obika back. We need 3 wins from the (15?) Games and we should accomplish that with the spell that every team has when they appoint a new boss.

Would be typical oxford to get something out off tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom