Away Match Day Thread +++ 13/01/2018 Walsall v OUFC match day thread +++

Yellow River

With three new faces ‘in the building’ this week it’s quite tricky to predict the lineup, however it’s not at all tricky predicting the result - victory to the mighty yellows! A hard fought encounter with the away side coming out on top 2-1.

United will concede from a corner, Thomas & Payne on target.

Rob Dickie makes his Oxford debut as Pep surprises everyone opting to play a 3-5-2 formation.

Eastwood.
Martin, Mousinho, Dickie,
Henry, Ledson, Mowat, Ruffels, Payne,
Thomas, Obika.

Subs Shearer, Carroll, Williamson, Tiendalli, Brannagan, Buckley-Ricketts, Van Kessel.

Well done YR, you are the only one allowed to start match day threads until your impressive run finally comes to end :). Will be interesting to see which of the new boys gets a run. Exciting times. 3-1 to the Yellows and a debut goal from one of the signings. There, not too much to ask!

Confident on a clean sheet hopefully along with 3 points.

Eastwood
Dickie Martin Raglan Carroll
Henry Ruffels Mowatt Payne
Obika Mehmeti

Bench: Shearer, Mousinho, Williamson, Buckley Ricketts,Thomas,Brannagan,Ledson

Raglan featured on the bench recently and needs to come in at some point so don't see the need to rush Mousinho back in. Thomas has looked leggy recently and tired and Mehmeti is breathing down there necks to be picked and think he will get his first league start.

3-0 Oxford we are due to thrash a team having not doing it in 3 months.
Obika,Mehmeti,Henry

Ledson drops to the bench causing more speculation but PEP drops him just for precaution of an injury.

If pep has conjones he will drop GVK, who has been poor recently and doesn't look comfortable out wide and says he prefers being a striker but when he has played there this season he has been nothing short of shite.

Cor take your time YR, better late than never though, keep up the good form. I’m going for a sticky 2-1 to the yellows on this one. Let’s hope head steward Dick Head and his mates are behaving this time!

Eastwood
Carroll Martin Mous Tiendelli
Henry Ledson Ruffels Payne
Obika Thomas

Hopefully both Eastwood and Ledson are playing, would send out a good signal. 0-2, Obika and Wes with one each.

On a side note, does anyone know who was captain vs Charlton? I'd guess Ledson but didn't see it anywhere.

Walsall are on a poor run of form at home. Tyler Roberts has been out for 5 weeks, might be fit tomorrow. I hope not. We are in "strong and stable" away form. With new players putting pressure on current squad to perform I can see at least a draw. I hoping for a resounding away WIN. :)

Booked a day’s holiday so I can go to this and really looking forward to it.

The new signings have made me come over all optimistic so it’s 3-0 Oxford for me.

Looking forward to tomorrow Walsall in 18th 8 points below the u’s so good chance to pull away from that mid table cluster.
We will win 2-1.
COYY

God knows, I don't. Would be good to see the Wrigley-Bucketts & Brannagan come on for a spell.

Maybe I'm just feeling optimistic after the new signings but this is the first game in a while I've felt positive about. So we'll probably lose!

Maybe I'm just feeling optimistic after the new signings but this is the first game in a while I've felt positive about. So we'll probably lose!

Nothing like an actual game to kill off that pesky optimism eh?
1-1 with at least one of the new guys coming on for 10 minutes and not doing anything of note. Forum comes to the consensus that he's "not the answer". We concede from a corner as usual. Wes Thomas scores the equaliser and kisses the badge before being transferred. Lego sprains his pancreas leading to PNE withdrawing their interest. Eastwood with 13, no make that 14 world class saves.

This game has got 1-1 written all over it (Brannagan). Att: 5999 with1123 Yellows fans making the trip. Dickie will make his debut and have a 'stormer'. 'Bren-gun' Brannagan will have many shots. Dickie will make Walsall 'sicky' with his trickery. Before I get too tongue-tied, a dog will nonchalantly stroll onto the pitch, in a 'get in my way and I'll bite' way. 'Bren-gun' Brannagan and Clint Eastwood will come out with Colt 45 jokes and P**s everyone off at the club. The directors' box will be re-possessed by bailiffs at half-time. That new Man City bloke will come on as sub and miss a penalty. The club will announce, after the game, that Alexis Sanchez, after serious consideration, has decided that he'd be better off joining us, because he's fed up with all the squabbling going on between United and City up North. Virgin railways will announce that they are no longer going to sell the Daily Mail at the ground. Nigel Farage (the famous Walsall supporter) will declare that he wants a second ref - not an EU vote, but a replacement referee, because he appears biased towards us. That just about does it for me.

Eastwood
Carroll Martin Mous Tiendelli
Henry Ledson Ruffels Payne
Obika Thomas

Hopefully both Eastwood and Ledson are playing, would send out a good signal. 0-2, Obika and Wes with one each.

On a side note, does anyone know who was captain vs Charlton? I'd guess Ledson but didn't see it anywhere.
Williamson skippered on the night. Did a good job organising.

Eastwood
Carroll Martin Williamson Tiendalli
GVK Brannagan Ruffels Payne
Obika Thomas

Shearer Dickie Raglan Henry Mowatt Buckley-Ricketts Mehmeti

Should start with

Eastwood
Carroll Dickie Mousinho Tiendalli
Brannagan Ledson
Henry Payne Buckley-Ricketts
Obika

This is based on the assumption the new lads are better than we've got. New winger straight in as were crying out for some pace and dribbling ability. Back to 4231 to get Payne back where he's best. Ruffles out the team because he couldn't find a yellow shirt v Blackpool. 50/50 between Obika and Wes up top, Obika bagged a few recently so snatches it based on that.

Shearer
Carroll Martin Mousinho Tiendalli
GVK Payne Brannagan Buckley-Ricketts
Thomas Mehmeti

Back
Top Bottom