125th Anniversary

guyellow

So who has good stories to share?
I have just dug out my autograph book from the late 70s which includes, among others, Hugh McGrogan, and Gordon Hodgson who both died tragically in the 90s; Archie White, Nick Merry (when he was a youth player) and the unique and entertaining Roy Burton.

On the website was a 'book'which showed plenty of the pictures from the past as well as video of Joeys goal v Blackpool. I had forgotten whatva great goal that was.
A very good piece and it looks like rightly the club is going to celebrate the 125 years

On the website was a 'book'which showed plenty of the pictures from the past as well as video of Joeys goal v Blackpool. I had forgotten whatva great goal that was.
A very good piece and it looks like rightly the club is going to celebrate the 125 years

It's quite incredible really, I rarely see matches live anymore and due to my northern roots only saw a few at most each season when I was young. And yet I saw Joey's screamer, Matt Elliott at Carlisle, Paul Gerrard's save at Sheffield, Potter's goal at Wembley and Massey hanging off the crossbar at Wycombe in the flesh.

I am indeed blessed!

PS. I also saw Sunderland put 7 past us as well, rough with the smooth!

It doesn’t seem that long ago we were celebrating our centenary year. I still have a football in the loft which I was given as a gift to mark our centenary.

It doesn’t seem that long ago we were celebrating our centenary year. I still have a football in the loft which I was given as a gift to mark our centenary.

I remember selling it to you ?

• React
Reactions: MJB
Back
Top Bottom