Away Match Day Thread 12/12/2020 L1 - Blackpool v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame the fans cannot make the trip, this close to Christmas it would have been a great turn out!

Not expecting much to be honest. Blackpool is one of those places where we play well and end up with nothing. I’d take a draw all day long. COYY

WE’VE MET U BEFORE :

February 1st 2020 - United 2-1 Blackpool ( Sykes & Browne - Madine )

U’s: Eastwood - Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels - Gorrin Henry Brannagan -Sykes Browne Holland
Subs: Thorne Mackie Kelly

EVaxAe6WkAE0nTt
Do0mRpWW4AYcaAh

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Gary Briggs, Luke Garbutt, Alex Dyer, Colin Greenall, Daniel Agyei, John Lundstram,
Paul Simpson, John Durnin, Ben Woodburn, David Bardsley and many others.

Last edited:
If we lose by less than 3 it'll be a result. Hopefully we can pick up a point here and there so we don't get cut adrift between now and January at which point hopefully wholesale changes to the back 4 can happen.

Ed6yix6X0AA0a11

BLAST FROM THE PAST : First win at Bloomfield Road - January 5th 1980

Blackpool 1-2 U’s

Pink Floyd topped the UK charts with Another Brick In The Wall when the U’s first won at Blackpool.
Two goals from Les Taylor secured a welcome away win for Boss Bill Asprey. Stan McEwan netted a penalty
for the Seasiders.

United: David Brown - John Doyle Joe Cooke Gary Briggs Gary Watson - Les Taylor Malcolm McIntosh Billy Jeffrey
Colin Duncan - Paul Berry Peter Foley Sub: Archie White

Att : 4,003

WE’VE MET U BEFORE :

February 1st 2020 - United 2-1 Blackpool ( Sykes & Browne - Madine )

U’s: Eastwood - Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels - Gorrin Henry Brannagan -Sykes Browne Holland
Subs: Thorne Mackie Kelly

Christ I remember Ruffels giving me a heart attack with that backpass in the last minute

If we lose by less than 3 it'll be a result. Hopefully we can pick up a point here and there so we don't get cut adrift between now and January at which point hopefully wholesale changes to the back 4 can happen.
WE gave the leaders a good game last week and have lost one in six. I don’t think you pay attention

I am confident we can get a result today. We will finally start to get the goals our players have deserved of late. 3-0 to OUFC . Yes a clean sheet. We will score early get a quick 2nd and play composed football for the rest of the game. Let's be optimistic!!

I am confident we can get a result today. We will finally start to get the goals our players have deserved of late. 3-0 to OUFC . Yes a clean sheet. We will score early get a quick 2nd and play composed football for the rest of the game. Let's be optimistic!!

Christ I remember Ruffels giving me a heart attack with that backpass in the last minute

Every time I watch it I still expect Madine to score!

As for today, who knows? A Pompey style performance and we’ll be fine. A Swindon style second half performance and we’ll lose. A string of draws has been better than the heavy number of loses we’ve experienced in the first 15 games but they aren’t really getting us anywhere. Wins are the currency needed now and this is the first of a few opportunities. Blackpool are good and will be at least a top 12 side this season but they’re not going to be in the top two. Therefore this is an opportunity.

I wouldn’t be disappointed with another draw especially away from home. If we could be that little bit more clinical, sharp in defence and maintain a performance for the 90 mins rather than the 70 we seem to be mustering at present (I still query both the fitness and ability to maintain stamina in some of our players), I’ll regard that as further steps in the right direction.

Last edited:
We'll win 2-0, our hopes will be restored and we can all stop bloody Grumbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom