Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/11/2019 Crawley Town V OUFC Leasing.com football league trophy +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat of a left turn here, but...

...in Australian rugby league, the North Queensland Cowboys played for a couple of seasons at 1300 Smiles Stadium, and the Manly Sea Eagles to this day host games at Lottoland.

Cringe cringe.

I’m a Manly fan and we will always play at Brookvale, I hate that it’s called Lottand.

No problem, game of opinions and respect yours.

Nope not a stalker but remembered something you posted before, just interested in how you came to your assumption last night watching game as I thought the lad did okay in what was a game of generally back passes to him, thought he communicated well with his defenders and with a bit more experience is not out of his depth at our level at all.

Apart from miss timing header with their goal thought young lad at left back played well yesterday compared to previous outings, looking comitted to tackles and looked up when passing for best options.

He didn't seemed confident to me in his area 100% of the time. I think the acid test was when KR went to Derby for a replacement when Eastwood was injured, rather than Stevens stepping up to first spot. He didn't seem to have confidence in the lad.

He didn't seemed confident to me in his area 100% of the time. I think the acid test was when KR went to Derby for a replacement when Eastwood was injured, rather than Stevens stepping up to first spot. He didn't seem to have confidence in the lad.

That was 15 months ago, and Eastwood was out for 2/3 months. Jack has established himself as our second choice keeper and, as we saw against Charlton, he can do a job if called upon. He might not yet be ready to step up permanently, but is certainly in the squad on merit.

Stevens: 5.5 - Didn’t really have any saves to make and was at fault for the goal; his kicking and distribution was decent enough however

Forde: 7.5 - I thought he was excellent at right back - defended well one on one and got forward a lot. Would happily see him there again although not as good as Cadden

Mousinho: 7 - Quiet in a game where he was rarely troubled. Almost anonymous, in a good way. Did his work calmly and without alarms.

Jones: 7.5 - At 17 he is a real talent. In 3-3 years time, with all that developing, he will still only be 21ish! Solid defender and good passer.

Berkoe: 7 - No secret I like the guy and he did well, got forward a lot just lacked a final ball at times - although two to three were more the attackers fault for not getting on the end of them. Defended quite well also

Gorrin: 8 - Looked a class above this level, gave the ball away a couple of times but in the main great tackling and distribution

Baptiste: 7.5 - Another decent performance, maybe should have scored. He can ping a crossfield ball but still not driving forwards and dribbling like he can

Sykes: 7 - Again improved, although could still be better and has been better last season

Hall: 7.5 - Three lucky goals you could say but played pretty well, again you could see he was above this level

Agyei: 7 - I think he’s unfairly treated by some on here, he would have scored if the guy hadn’t handballed it, and he did well to win the other penalty, and a free kick. Yes he could have done better overall but he didn’t get much service. Just looks low on confidence.

Zamouri: 7 - I wasn’t as impressed with him as others were, he does seem to have a trick but his touch wasn’t great at times and he seemed a bit lightweight. Promising overall though

Subs:

Long: 6.5 - Quietly dependable
Lopes: 6.5 - Didn’t see much of him, few nice bits
Goodhram: 8 - Very bright, good touches, great runs

Stevens: 5.5 - Didn’t really have any saves to make and was at fault for the goal; his kicking and distribution was decent enough however

Forde: 7.5 - I thought he was excellent at right back - defended well one on one and got forward a lot. Would happily see him there again although not as good as Cadden

Mousinho: 7 - Quiet in a game where he was rarely troubled. Almost anonymous, in a good way. Did his work calmly and without alarms.

Jones: 7.5 - At 17 he is a real talent. In 3-3 years time, with all that developing, he will still only be 21ish! Solid defender and good passer.

Berkoe: 7 - No secret I like the guy and he did well, got forward a lot just lacked a final ball at times - although two to three were more the attackers fault for not getting on the end of them. Defended quite well also

Gorrin: 8 - Looked a class above this level, gave the ball away a couple of times but in the main great tackling and distribution

Baptiste: 7.5 - Another decent performance, maybe should have scored. He can ping a crossfield ball but still not driving forwards and dribbling like he can

Sykes: 7 - Again improved, although could still be better and has been better last season

Hall: 7.5 - Three lucky goals you could say but played pretty well, again you could see he was above this level

Agyei: 7 - I think he’s unfairly treated by some on here, he would have scored if the guy hadn’t handballed it, and he did well to win the other penalty, and a free kick. Yes he could have done better overall but he didn’t get much service. Just looks low on confidence.

Zamouri: 7 - I wasn’t as impressed with him as others were, he does seem to have a trick but his touch wasn’t great at times and he seemed a bit lightweight. Promising overall though

Subs:

Was it not Zamouri who did the assist for the first goal? His pace was remarkable even though he was 2nd to the ball he tackles well and won the ball then led to Halls goal, lucky or not a goal is a goal and to gave 3 lucky goals was 3 goals nonetheless.

Subs:

If anybody is to blame for their goal then it is Berkoe sloppily giving the ball away and the rest of the defence failing to stop the ball getting into the box.

Was it not Zamouri who did the assist for the first goal? His pace was remarkable even though he was 2nd to the ball he tackles well and won the ball then led to Halls goal, lucky or not a goal is a goal and to gave 3 lucky goals was 3 goals nonetheless.

Zamouris assist summed up his game for me; did really well to break into the box from the left and get himself into a great position then fell over the ball. To be fair to him he got up and laid it off to Hall but the chance had gone somewhat until the keeper decided to let a low shot straight at him in!

If anybody is to blame for their goal then it is Berkoe sloppily giving the ball away and the rest of the defence failing to stop the ball getting into the box.

Stevens was caught in no-mans land and came forward and forward at the call when he didn’t need to. I guarantee you Eastwood doesn’t position himself like Stevens did for that goal. Obviously there were errors before that as well.

Zamouris assist summed up his game for me; did really well to break into the box from the left and get himself into a great position then fell over the ball. To be fair to him he got up and laid it off to Hall but the chance had gone somewhat until the keeper decided to let a low shot straight at him in!
Still beat them it was a hell of an assist whether he fell over or not he got up and still laid the ball of. Think you must be blind

Stevens was caught in no-mans land and came forward and forward at the call when he didn’t need to. I guarantee you Eastwood doesn’t position himself like Stevens did for that goal. Obviously there were errors before that as well.
You obviously didn’t see the game so as you seem to be very inept and making an honest opinion about the game, suggest you stick to another sport, netball maybe?

I agree with that point and it is something for him to work on. His reactions in getting back into position to make the goal smaller afterwards were pretty good after the original positioning though.

That said the defence is still ahead of him for blame for that goal imo.

Just reading your pathetic posts of negativity is, you must be a very sad person

I score things in more old-fashioned style where everything slightly good isn’t isn’t 10 out of 10 so for me, saying a player was 7/10 is a compliment. That’s a good performance. 5/10 is average, 6 is above average and so 7/10 is very decent. That’s not negative

I score things in more old-fashioned style where everything slightly good isn’t isn’t 10 out of 10 so for me, saying a player was 7/10 is a compliment. That’s a good performance. 5/10 is average, 6 is above average and so 7/10 is very decent. That’s not negative
I think the point being made by some is that your earlier rating score,is not necessarily in sync with your subsequent postings ( and seem harsh if they haven’t seen your ratings)

Then sound more positive and for Zamouri’s 1st goal assist he did well and could well be a damned good asset for the club, also this was no where near our 1st team so winningaway 4-1 on a cold wet Tuesday evening has to be a plus.

Last edited:
I think the point being made by some is that your earlier rating score,is not necessarily in sync with your subsequent postings ( and seem harsh if they haven’t seen your ratings)

Fair enough. Still not sure if it justified the level of Bazzer’s ire but he is a bit odd

Fair enough. Still not sure if it justified the level of Bazzer’s ire but he is a bit odd
You don’t know me so don’t cast dispersions.
ive been negative in the past and damn well needed to be but have been positive when we’ve earned the right to be positive, it does now appear that KR has the right balance for this great club of ours to progress further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom