Away Match Day Thread 12/09/20 L1 - Lincoln City v OUFC

And good news about that red - absolutely no chance it was a straight red so can appeal and get it overturned. If it’d been a yellow then a definite suspsension.

Then again knowing the EFL’s ability to make decisions, they’ll probably throw Atkinson in a gulag and dock us ten points.

And good news about that red - absolutely no chance it was a straight red so can appeal and get it overturned. If it’d been a yellow then a definite suspsension.

Then again knowing the EFL’s ability to make decisions, they’ll probably throw Atkinson in a gulag and dock us ten points.

Absolutely no chance of getting that overturned.

Crap referee .... poor from Oxford .... Ruffles injured & Atkinson red carded
a proper 'bad day at the office'

Well any optimism from the signing of Winall has been evaporated. Obviously not the end of the world, but this is a wake up call to the team. We still have to work hard and play well to get where we were last season. If you're going to fail, fail early, especially when the window's still open.

There are areas where you could improve, but the piority has to be on the left wing. At the club we have Cooper, Sykes, Henry, Osei Yaw, Forde, Hall and Napa as our wing options, but how many of them can we say are great? They're either solid or inexperienced, with the only great one (Henry) currently out of form.

And as I type, Atkinson gets sent off. I think that's a headache the club probably didn't want. Whilst the club are looking at left wing and left back reinforcements, can they afford to bring in a centre half too?

Certainly more questions that answers at the moment, and much work to do if we're to match what we did last season.

Well the blueprint is there to beat us. What a papier-mâché performance. Worrying.

Again as per Wembley we concede needlessly early on and then have to break down 11 men who defended so resolutely.
I have to say that so much of the damage is self-inflicted. Not defending set plays properly is naive in the extreme.

The lack of pace is a major worry and there was no real support behind Taylor - who is supposed to be playing the no.10 role.

A poor start.

Disappointing after we won 6-0 there last year.
Michael Appleton is no mug and I wouldn’t be surprised if Lincoln do well this season.
At least it’s only the first game and it’s away. Plenty of games left and plenty of time to improve.
Probably need one or two more signings and a few more games to come good....we were slow starters last year

You probably couldn't write a worse opening game. Injury to our 1 left back, new(ish) CB red carded, all huff and no final product.

Probably best to put this one to bed, get the Watford distraction out the way and start again with Sunderland next week

You can never tell much from the first league game of the season, but you'd hope there'd be something positive to take from it.
Nowt from this one apart from a 10 minute spell around 70th - 80th minutes, when Sykes should have buried that rebound.

Back
Top Bottom