Away Match Day Thread 12/09/20 L1 - Lincoln City v OUFC

Sorry but 1st half we weren’t at the races for all the possession we’ve had haven’t seen a good transfer window out there so far

Looking a bit toothless up top and a bit too open at the back - worrying.

Positives - Atkinson has recovered from his error well. Easty is doing well. I think Brannagan and Kelly are doing alright as well

Negatives - McGuane, Henry, Sykes and Taylor all anonymous. Radio Oxford are dead right to criticise Matty for loitering out wide.

Sam Long works hard and is a credit to the club - but going forward he is painfully limited with the ball at his feet and it has shown today.

Felt sorry for Atkinson as he’s largely been positive and as good as anyone so far, just one poor ball and we’re 1-0 down.

Surprising to see a side get so many behind the ball at home but fair play to Lincoln, they’ve been well organised and despite the possession we haven’t really had a sniff so far.

Quite poor. When a team gives you *that* much possession, you have to to more with it than that. A few hopeful balls lumped into the box isn't going to cut it. There's too much just passing the ball back where it came from, slowly.

1-2 I said from beginning Taylor and Sykes and I’m sticking to that until that fat person starts singing

Pretty disappointing half. Lincoln look more up for it and we're just giving possession away with aimless balls into the box.
Could be 0-3 down.
Get Dan on!

I'd look to bring a combo of Clare/Cooper/Agyei on. I'd go to 4-4-2 just so that we have more to aim for in the middle. Feels like we're very limited in attack when we have Long as one of our full-backs and Henry & Sykes as our 'wingers'.

Well, that was frustrating. Giving Lincoln an early goal has played into their gameplan of sitting back and hitting us on the break.

I could have told you exactly what our problems would be though - because they’re the same as against Wimbledon.

1. Our fullbacks aren’t quick or attacking enough - and Ruffels is off form, looks slow and jaded.

2. We lack pace in the wide areas - Henry hasn’t really done anything apart from swing the odd average ball into the box, and Sykes just doesn’t look comfortable on the left

3. Taylor has no support, he’s isolated up front

At least Kelly has looked decent, tidy play and forwards passing. But we need a naturally left-sided player, and someone who will run at them with pace up front.

Well I dont think it was that bad though I did miss the goal. Kelly better than last week

Riiight. Even though he signed Browne, Holland, Sykes, Whyte, Cooper, Agyei, Osei.

Goodness me..
How many minutes have we had any 2 of those on the pitch at the same time if you exclude Sykes who isn’t a fast/direct winger like the others?

It will be a small, small amount of total minutes

Robinson has done a good job but you don’t need to defend him for every thing

Not good enough, loads of possession but no end product. Mcguane and sykes done nothing in that half.

Mousinho on in the Gorrin role give the midfield more physicality and protect the defence a bit better and Cooper on in the left is what if be doing.

Mousinho on in the Gorrin role give the midfield more physicality and protect the defence a bit better and Cooper on in the left is what if be doing.

Kelly has been one of our best players!! And our problems are going forwards, not at the back surely?

How many minutes have we had any 2 of those on the pitch at the same time if you exclude Sykes who isn’t a fast/direct winger like the others?

It will be a small, small amount of total minutes

Robinson has done a good job but you don’t need to defend him for every thing
Didnt mention Atkinson once, in that post? Yes, he made a mistake. Since that, he has solid.

In many ways, I've missed football.

In equal measures, I have not.

We are far too quick to jump on the team and stick daggers in their back. We are 45 minutes into a season and some people are already losing the plot.

Honestly. Get behind the f*****g team instead of putting them down after a single half of league football, against a well organised Lincoln side!

COYY!!!

Back
Top Bottom