Away Match Day Thread 12/09/20 L1 - Lincoln City v OUFC

So it’s the start of a new season. Hopes are high, expectations for once are even higher. Last season a play off place was a target that everyone would of been happy about. This season is different. Tiger and the board should be applauded. They have firmly put there cards on the table. Now it’s down to KR and the boys to show that faith and deliver. No excuses. It’s going to be tough there will be lows. Personally I’ve not been this excited at the start of a season well since I don’t know when. Squad wise I think we are 90% there. Just a couple of exciting premiereship U21’s to fill the gaps. If we could pick and choose 1 I’d go for Harvey Elliot from Liverpool. That’s wishful thinking I know.
So boys go out there give 100% and when us the fans are allowed back we will back you to the hilt. COYY. This year is our year.

Start of a new season but we’ve already played two competitive games (as well as a load of friendlies don’t forget, for those who say they are just friendlies) so hopefully we’ll be able to avoid the slow starts we’ve become a little bit accustomed to!

Hopefully the whole team will really click today. Whoever plays AML will be key, as we struggled there against Wimbledon, as well as whoever plays right back.

A win would really set us up nicely for the new season. I’d take one whichever way it comes. Let’s go boys!

Good to be back and I hope the season actually finishes. Not too bothered by result on the first day of the season
Madness! It’s imperative we get off to a good start, for morale, confidence and to not fall behind the early pace setters

SINCIL BANK : April 30th 1983 Gary Briggs in the thick of it as the U's draw 1-1.

EE61YtdXYAE3Qsc

Here’s my punt at the 18 for the first game of the season:

Eastwood
Clare Ruffels Moore Atkinson
Kelly Brannagan McGuane
Henry Sykes Taylor

Stevens
Mousinho
Long
Cooper
Osei Yaw
Forde
Agyei

Expecting a draw today, wailing and gnashing of teeth on here, but ultimately promotion via the top 2 come May.

Clare is injured isn't he?

Think it will be a tough game today, they will be reminded of the result last season and be determined not to let it happen again.
Having said that I still think we will win.

2-0 to the U’S Atkinson and Taylor to score

COYY

Eastwood
Clare Moore Atkinson Ruffels
McGuene Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Cooper

2-2.

Back
Top Bottom