Away Match Build Up 12/09/20 L1 - Lincoln City v OUFC - Match Build up

doubts over Bricutt and Walsh.

Though perhaps they will be thinking of Bradford in the League Cup with a potential next round vs Liverpool.

Oxford win I reckon ... though not by such a large margin as last time

A match build up thread is a good idea ;).

Lincoln have signed some good players in the pre-season. Should be a great game!

Gutted no fans allowed in, the company I work for have a one of the hospitality boxes behind the goal and they are not in operation just yet either....
A score draw or a narrow away win.
Most of the Lincoln players who turned up for the 6-0 demolition by the yellows have long gone and Mr Appleton watched from the stands before being unveiled as their new manager a few days later so I don’t expect much of a backlash off the back of last season’s result......

Appleton's hopes for the season.
Basically going back to the young players, good football, and selling model. Quite measured in underplaying his hopes and chances for the season.

It's a really tough game to kick off the season with. MApp may be underplaying their chances, but I think over the course of the season 'Lincoln Away' will prove to be one of those fixtures where getting a result will be no mean feat. Getting three points would be a real statement of intent, but I would be happy with a point.

It doesn't take a master analyst to notice that we have had a habit of slow starts under KR. If we're going to really push for the autos this year, we can't let that happen again. Last year obviously wasn't as bad as the previous year, and with the exception of Burton you could make reasonable mitigating cases for each poor result in that bad run in August and September last year (Fleetwood away we always lose, Gas and Blackpool were in shithot form at the time, etc.), but it was a run that cost us in the end. With Sunderland next week and Posh away in a few games time, we need to be picking up points in these fixtures to keep our overall form ticking along nicely and to take the pressure off those big matches against promotion rivals.

It's a really tough game to kick off the season with. MApp may be underplaying their chances, but I think over the course of the season 'Lincoln Away' will prove to be one of those fixtures where getting a result will be no mean feat. Getting three points would be a real statement of intent, but I would be happy with a point.

It doesn't take a master analyst to notice that we have had a habit of slow starts under KR. If we're going to really push for the autos this year, we can't let that happen again. Last year obviously wasn't as bad as the previous year, and with the exception of Burton you could make reasonable mitigating cases for each poor result in that bad run in August and September last year (Fleetwood away we always lose, Gas and Blackpool were in shithot form at the time, etc.), but it was a run that cost us in the end. With Sunderland next week and Posh away in a few games time, we need to be picking up points in these fixtures to keep our overall form ticking along nicely and to take the pressure off those big matches against promotion rivals.
Well, so far we've had a draw ( win on pens) and a win in competitive games so far this campaign, while neither was a spectacular result, they were both positive, here's hoping those 2 results provide a suitable platform for the all important league matches, starting with an away win on Saturday

Back
Top Bottom