Away Match Day Thread 12/03/2022 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone at the game today. Was Holland really that ineffective?

I wasn’t at the game, but I did watch it on iFollow (thanks to TunnelBear I was “in Norway”), and yes he was.

Just clocked Wycombe are 8th, with quite a lot to do.

Not been great for them since they won the league against us.

For a club that likes to claim they get similar crowds to us they had about 4,700 home fans today, this against the team who are top and during there most successful ever years.

That really wasn’t good at all, but what a 3 points!!

Ref was good, let the game flow for most part and got all the big calls right. The linesman on the right made a few questionable calls but ref was a solid 7/10

Easty - 7 - Wonder save in the first half, dodgy kicks but great claiming from the corner. Felt a lot more reassured with him in net

Mcnally - 8 - Hes the absolute B*****s isn’t he? That bit of skill, I’m still drooling over that now, and imperious in the air

Mousinho - 7 - Struggled pace, obviously, but his reading of the game is so good and he was a calming presence at the back. Id keep him in over Long next weekend.

Seddon - 5 - A 5 isn’t a good rating, but it’s better than what he’s been producing recently. Our obvious weak link, got away with it today

Sykes - 5 Not his best game at all, shoddy passes, looked a bit knackered to be honest. Got doubled up on a lot which didn’t help his cause

Kane - 7 - Hell of a pass for the opener, slowed the play down (sometimes too much) but a steady influence in middle of the park

Brannagan - 6.5 - Didn’t really notice him, fought and battled but nothing notable on the ball, great pen never in doubt!

Williams - 7 - First half meh, 2nd half a lot better , great for the nailed on pen!

Holland - 6 - Didn’t get the ball too much but he did alright with it when he did have it. Tired towards his substitution, behind the strikers isn’t his position but he tried.

Taylor - 7 - Did he touch the ball apart from his goal 😂, but the poachers instinct was so vital today. Love him.

Whyte - 6 - Like Holland, he never really got the ball, but great run for the 1st, should have scored mind!

Bodin - 7 - Changed the game, the ball finally stuck when he came on, our most technically gifted player by far

Mcguane - 6 - You noticed him when he came on which can only be a good thing! Didn’t have long to make an impact though

Winnall - Came on to hold it up a bit, not sure if he succeeded with that

It certainly is
Ipswich
Morecambe
Plymouth
Sunderland
Fleetwood
Mk
Rotherham
Doncaster
Just got back 500+ mile round trip, and my god were we well supported today. I was hoping for 800, but 1200+ is brilliant.
We had a makeshift side, but performance wouldn't matter, it was all about the win. Eastwood stood out as keeping the ball out well, and that first half save was fantastic.
The away support made all the difference today. At 1-1 heads sank, but the fans lifted the side until we were the attacking side again.
It will be as important at the Plymouth game, there we hopefully will be looking at 1800 plus. Great day out/weekend away.

That list is simply a set of teams and is what we make of it. None of those teams is unsurmountable, and we can beat any of them. Each will have their own aims when we play them.
For example, will MK be under pressure to out seat Wigan, will Rotherham be under pressure to win the title, Sunderland and Plymouth need the points for the play offs. I believe we are pretty well placed, and a win against Ipswich next week , will put further pressure on teams around us. Some are extremely consistent at the moment, and playing catch up, the question is can they keep it up, if they see us constantly getting points.

Just clocked Wycombe are 8th, with quite a lot to do.

Not been great for them since they won the league against us.

Last 10 games they have acquired 10 points. Sunderland 12, We have acquired 19 .Sheffield Wednesday and mk have acquired 24 points and Plymouth 21.

Obviously going by that you would say it would be mk , Sheffield wednesday, Plymouth and us in the play off places. But Plymouth have to play pompey, Wigan, mk dons, Sunderland, Wycombe, ,Ipswich, us in the their last 10 games. If they are top 6 by the end of game 46 they will have definitely earned it!

On the way back and listening to Cotterell and their whiny fans slagging the ref. Makes I laugh
Talk about bitter; even the presenter was having a go about the officials, then one of their players made a comment about the arrogance of teams playing at Shrewsbury and ‘resting players’. Did he think we were resting the four we had sick today or did I hear it wrong?!

On the way back and listening to Cotterell and their whiny fans slagging the ref. Makes I laugh
To be fair to them Karl did say after the game that he thought he didn’t have a good game and something like he gave us decisions that weren’t correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom