Away Match Build Up 12/03/2022 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready for a nail biter... I think it could be one of those days for scoring

I think we secure a clean sheet but will we score? Post, bar and super-saves will mean a horrible last ten minutes

Very tough game tomorrow, an early goal would be nice

Shrewsbury 1-2 Oxford (Brannagan, Kane)

Stevens

Mcnally
Long
Brown

Sykes
Brannagan
Kane
Williams

Holland

Taylor
Whyte

Subs: Eastwood, Seddon, Forde, Henry, Mcguane, Bodin, Winnall​

Everybody seems to have the same team, the only issue being who takes Baldock,s place ( Winnall McGuane, Holland)

Has to try Winnal & Taylor as a front two....... can switch it back if needs be.

Going to be "squelchy" underfoot for sure.

1-3 to us.

Please.

I wouldn't start with Taylor and Winnall up front, personally. Not because I have anything against Winnall per se, but I think we need to be active and mobile looking forward from the outset and I think Winnall is now more of a holding player working behind a striker up top. I think Holland will play in a more forward role.

Think it'll be 1-0 to us or 1-1.

I believe I'm right in saying that Shrewsbury's games this season have seen the fewest goals (66) of any team in the whole Football League.
Someone who watches every Shrews game has seen fewer total goals this season than we've seen Oxford score!

So this is a classic irresistible force vs. unmovable object scenario.

But there's no point, given our available personnel, trying to be anything other than who we are - which is the EFL's greatest entertainers (outside of Fulham).

So I think ten of the team pick themselves, if they're available - Stevens, McNally, Long, Brown, Sykes, Williams, Kane, Brannagan, Whyte & Taylor.

Then the only question is who is the other player playing behind Taylor (either alongside Whyte, or behind him as well if we want to stay with two up top).
If Bodin's ready to go, I think he's the one. If not, McGuane? Holland? Henry? No bad choices, but all have their strengths & weaknesses.

I believe I'm right in saying that Shrewsbury's games this season have seen the fewest goals (66) of any team in the whole Football League.
Someone who watches every Shrews game has seen fewer total goals this season than we've seen Oxford score!

So this is a classic irresistible force vs. unmovable object scenario.

But there's no point, given our available personnel, trying to be anything other than who we are - which is the EFL's greatest entertainers (outside of Fulham).

So I think ten of the team pick themselves, if they're available - Stevens, McNally, Long, Brown, Sykes, Williams, Kane, Brannagan, Whyte & Taylor.

Then the only question is who is the other player playing behind Taylor (either alongside Whyte, or behind him as well if we want to stay with two up top).
If Bodin's ready to go, I think he's the one. If not, McGuane? Holland? Henry? No bad choices, but all have their strengths & weaknesses.

Irresistible force?!

Ciaron Brown out with covid.

Does Mousinho come in or is Seddon tried as a left centre back 😂

Ciaron Brown out with covid.

Does Mousinho come in or is Seddon tried as a left centre back 😂
Oh dear.
I would probably go back to a 4 with Seddon back in.
Shrewsbury don't score many. I assume that they will try and hit us on the break.
Alternatively could just go with a 4 and Williams at left back?

Always a tough game, can see a nail biter here, so one goal win, in any format. COYY'S

We don't need defensive cover, we have Long and Mousinho.
Said some people.
Time to put this adventurous idea into practice.
To be fair it is a little unfortunate that both Moore and Brown are out.
Therefore options though and hopefully we dominate the game tomorrow

The holes in the defensive colander have just got bigger. Of course we’ll score, but with Baldock, Brown and Browne out this now has 2-2 draw written all over it.
Prove me wrong boys, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom