Away Match Build Up 12/03/2022 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Shrewsbury Town are having a reasonable run at the moment, won 1 drawn 3 and lost 2.
But their last two game were 0-0 draws against Rotherham and Cambridge.
So they know how to defend, or frustrate.
We will have to be at our best to take 3 points home with us.

IMAGE FROM THE PAST

April 2019 - Gavin Whyte nets a hat-trick at Shrewsbury as the U’s win 3-2 with ten men after Ahmed Kashi sees red.

D4xYPGnWkAAYmeQ

If any game is going to finish 3-2 to the mighty Yellows, it's this one. So it probably won't.

Must win with the other sides playing each other. Gives us a little bit of room ahead of Ipswich game.

Stevens
McNally Long Brown
Sykes Kane Brannagan Williams
Whyte
Winnall Taylor
ABW - anyone but Winnall for me.
Is Bodin fit again if Baldock is out?

Not a stat i would normally pay too much attention to but for Shrewsbury it clearly paints a picture
of being a team of two halves.

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 10-24-51 Shrewsbury statistics, latest results and form 2021 2022.pngScreenshot 2022-03-09 at 10-26-04 Oxford Utd statistics, latest results and form 2021 2022.png

Not bad at holding onto a lead.
Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 10-29-42 Shrewsbury statistics, latest results and form 2021 2022.png

Included this one as its always decent to see the oppo`s recent form and i thought it worth
noting the average goals scored and conceded in the last 8 games which looks like a stat
plucked from Serie A`s catenaccio years.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 05-34-24 Shrewsbury statistics latest results and form 2021_2022.png

Update on Browne and Baldock injuries, but Bodin should be back in the squad at Shrewsbury and James Henry could be involved again too.

Stevens
McNally Long Brown
Whyte
Winnall Taylor

Subs - Eastwood, Forde, Seddon, Henry, McGuane, Bodin, Holland

Presume that’ll be the 18?

Moore, Baldock, Gorrin & Browne out for rest of the season. How unlucky is that?

I wonder how far Adam Smith is from first team selection? To me he's always seemed the more accomplished out of him and GO'D (thought GO'D has most potential). Intrigued to know if Robbo could use him at some point, same with Goodrham.

I wonder how far Adam Smith is from first team selection? To me he's always seemed the more accomplished out of him and GO'D (thought GO'D has most potential). Intrigued to know if Robbo could use him at some point, same with Goodrham.
still young and developing.... looks to be an absolute natural goalscorer when Ive seen him play (U16 and U18 level)

Given that Bodin hasn’t even made the bench for a few games now, I’m not sure I’d be chucking him straight into the starting line-up. Could end up with a Browne style situation and Billy is looking increasingly important for the whole run-in now, given his recent form and injuries to others.

Stevens
McNally Long Brown
Sykes Williams
Brannagan Kane
Whyte. McGuane
Taylor

Must win with the other sides playing each other. Gives us a little bit of room ahead of Ipswich game.

Stevens
McNally Long Brown
Whyte
Winnall Taylor
Like that. Winnall is no Baldock but maybe he'll flourish in a front two? It's a very important game, the form of all those around us in the league is amazing. Need to get a win by any means possible.

20220311_100453.jpg

One of the stingiest, stonewall defences in L1 - with little in the firepower stakes , at home
to one of the best , most prolific , freescoring attacks in the entire EFL - with a tendency to be porous defensively, playing away from their fortresslike 'home'

could be a decent , albeit low scoring(?) , game

reckon we'll get an away win , Whyte & Sykes in a 1-2 victory.... both celebrating their forthcoming International call ups?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom