Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/03/2019 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

kr does genuinely believe that he has the backing of the dressing room 100%. Again he is deluded there are a number of players who are astonished by the way he manages, and are getting to the stage of being disillusioned. His team talks spiral into bouts of self gratification, sprinkled with genuine football knowledge.

Plenty of possession but yet again chronic lack of final ball and shot and tired in the second half. Against the worst defence in the league who havent kept a league clean sheet for months we only seriously worried the keeper twice. Rochdale probably had the more clear cut chances in the end, without Eastwood and Nelson we would have lost.

History is littered with teams who have good individuals but not a good team and go down. Im not saying we will go down but we are not too good to go down.

Question for Robinson for this weeks 5 minutes fans forum: Do we have a bottom half budget or have you underperformed against the budget? Won't get asked though.

Your question is the one I want asked. On the 5 min forum thread I’ve asked if there is an email add to send questions - wanted to set context behind question rather than a short tweet / text.

Anyone know if there is a specific email add to use? Unless i’m Being thick couldn’t see one on Radio Ox website

The most worrying thing about Robinson is that there’s absolutely no sign of contrition from him considering how the season has panned out following all the big promises last summer. I think if he walked into a room of Oxford United supporters he’d expect pats on the back all round and a heroes welcome. His self confidence has to be grudgingly admired I suppose and, I assume, stems from constantly being reassured about how good a job he’s doing by Tiger.

He is so thick skinned and delusional that he actually believes what he’s saying.

I’m sure he walked away from Dale actually happy with HIMSELF.
It was the ref... again!
It was poor decision making
Injuries
Fatigue
Players not doing what I ask them
Mental state of mind
He’ll be blaming the Gypsy curse soon.

But it’s okay because the chairman has his back. Because they’re all working so hard. s**t at their jobs tho Tiger. But hay it’s not my money being pissed away.

We’ll win on Saturday and have to endure his stupid smug face rattling on. But you watch despite when we lose him claiming he can’t influence what the players do on the pitch. He’ll find something to big himself up about.

Sorry but we fans are as much to blame as him. For our situation. I haven’t heard a single chorus of Robinson out all season.
Okay that’s harsh but it has to be so on Saturday.

I’ve been one of it seems the few KR backers throughout this season, as in the games I’ve been to I thought I had seen enough to suggest we are on the cusp of being a really quite good team. But fail to win on Saturday and I won’t be too big to come out and say I was wrong. This run of four games following Blackpool I saw as crucial. I was willing to overlook us not picking up points during that tricky January / early Feb period because they were, on paper, tough games, with these four (Scunny, GIlls, Dale and now Bradford) looking like the games to pick up points. But only picking up 7 points (at best) from them would be pretty bad, and any fewer an absolute disaster.

We have what used to be thought of as a championship standard player at CB, a CM who not too long ago was playing for Liverpool in Europe, three wingers who have shown in flashes that they can be too good for this league and a striker rated at £4m by a premier league club, along with a solid supporting cast. That squad absolutely should not be in the relegation places.

Win on Saturday and I think I’ll just about have faith that our home form will keep us up, but anything other than that and I will have definitively lost faith in the manager. (Better late than never, some might say!)

I’ve been one of it seems the few KR backers throughout this season, as in the games I’ve been to I thought I had seen enough to suggest we are on the cusp of being a really quite good team. But fail to win on Saturday and I won’t be too big to come out and say I was wrong. This run of four games following Blackpool I saw as crucial. I was willing to overlook us not picking up points during that tricky January / early Feb period because they were, on paper, tough games, with these four (Scunny, GIlls, Dale and now Bradford) looking like the games to pick up points. But only picking up 7 points (at best) from them would be pretty bad, and any fewer an absolute disaster.

We have what used to be thought of as a championship standard player at CB, a CM who not too long ago was playing for Liverpool in Europe, three wingers who have shown in flashes that they can be too good for this league and a striker rated at £4m by a premier league club, along with a solid supporting cast. That squad absolutely should not be in the relegation places.

Win on Saturday and I think I’ll just about have faith that our home form will keep us up, but anything other than that and I will have definitively lost faith in the manager. (Better late than never, some might say!)
However, I was thinking about how many first team games our defenders and attackers have played - not very many in their current positions, apart from Eastwood and Nelson. None of our wingers have played much and Mackie hasn’t always been at centre forward. Our midfield is experienced and maybe that’s why it’s generally our best area.

Eastwood has be rocky all season. He has been dodgy at crosses and commanding his 6 yard box and beaten too often from long range shots. Yes he has pulled off some nice saves but imo has been average at best.
seriously cant help with the defending we've had this year. Without Eastwood would be rock bottom Imo. Feel for him sold a dream.
Agree with you entirely here - as others have said, he was given a load of bs by Robinson and that (as well as being settled and having had a few good seasons here) swung it - clearly now realises the way in which Robinson and Tiger have spunked away virtually everything good here and probably wishes he had gone - sad but true
Having thought about it more and more, Robinson's bizarre comment that he knows how to win matches has irked me more and more - either he is seriously deluded or a moron (or both) and he clearly thinks we are all morons to be taken in by his inane and insane drivel
Defiantly both. Sure he will still talk his way into another league 1 club when he takes us down.

You say you wrote Jan and Feb off because they were a tough set of fixtures but didn’t we go into this season with big aspirations to be up amongst the playoff places? In which case we should have hoped to be competitive against the likes of Fleetwood. They only seem tough because we’ve been so s**t this season. For that reason they shouldn’t be considered an excuse for Robinson’s underperforming

He is so thick skinned and delusional that he actually believes what he’s saying.

I’m sure he walked away from Dale actually happy with HIMSELF.
It was the ref... again!
It was poor decision making
Injuries
Fatigue
Players not doing what I ask them
Mental state of mind
He’ll be blaming the Gypsy curse soon.

But it’s okay because the chairman has his back. Because they’re all working so hard. s**t at their jobs tho Tiger. But hay it’s not my money being pissed away.

We’ll win on Saturday and have to endure his stupid smug face rattling on. But you watch despite when we lose him claiming he can’t influence what the players do on the pitch. He’ll find something to big himself up about.

Sorry but we fans are as much to blame as him. For our situation. I haven’t heard a single chorus of Robinson out all season.
Okay that’s harsh but it has to be so on Saturday.

Exactly what I believe. It's no good saying there is nothing we can do, he's going nowhere. How the hell will he get it into his thick head fans are finished with him, if all he keeps reading is the apathy on this forum.
Let him know what you feel, not what he thinks we feel.

On the cusp of being a really good team?
I must have missed that couple of minutes!
Jesus weeps .. ?

KR has not done himself any favours with some of the crap he comes out with but I think this season has been pretty much a season of fine margins which have gone pretty much all the wrong way for whatever reason!
Luton at home for example we matched pretty much until Baptiste got sent off.
So many people bang on about not scoring enough goals (some because of one up top) and I do see why this is always brought up as we should be scoring more but if that were the case we’d be top 6! Apart from the top 7 I think the top scorers have 47 goals, we have 43, so we can hardly use this as an excuse. Surely it’s the defensive errors or the not scoring when on top (Burton away comes to mind) that at the end of the day dictates where we are at present.

Whyte has to finish that at '1.30'

Agree Whyte has to find the back of the net, however the exact same situation happened at Priestfield !

Whyte , in a great position after a flowing move, also fired high and wide - slashing a right footed drive past the right hand post.

Eastwood
Long, Nelson, Dickie, Ruffels
Graham, Mous, Skyes, Browne
Whyte & Sinclair

Subs; Stevens, Henry, Mackie, Brannagan, Smith, Hanson & Kashi

Relegation or not I’m not going to be renewing my season ticket if KR is still in charge! He’s a disgrace with an atrocious record! I just can’t believe that he’s still in charge, it beggars belief!

Back
Top Bottom