Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/03/2019 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

Pete Burrett

My sixth live game of the season. Despite these turbulent times I'm looking forward to it.

It's not a mathematical 'must win' but it's certainly a six pointer. I'd like to see us attack from the start, and to keep attacking throughout the game.

We may be at a low ebb, but so must Rochdale be, so let's get at them.

Unfortunately, I can't summon up the optimism to predict a win, so 1-1 it is.

Last edited:
I think we'll score. I also think we need people to stand up and be counted, from back to front.
That includes the manager, no more excuses, no more "if we'd done that" or "if that had happened"....round pegs in round holes and at them early.
2-0 to us.

I never get predictions right so 1-0. many more ups and downs til end of season I'm sure but sticking with my glass half full optimism that we'll stay up. 4 points at least from next two games

They’ve conceded 17 headers and 13 from outside the box ?.

Set pieces will be crucial tomorrow...my money on Nelson finally scoring from his many chances

Play your best team from the start. We’re not good enough defensively, or indeed offensively to hang in and try to knick it late on.

I would personally have the same back four. Whyte for Garbutt, Brannagan for Henry and perhaps even give Graham a rest and play Browne. Graham looked leggy Saturday and Browne is a more than able replacement.

You could draw straws between the strikers tbh.

Cautiously optimistic,as we know depends on what team turns up in the day.
Hoping it will be third time lucky on a Tuesday night up north,Bury & Accy didn’t go to plan !
2-2

My sixth live game of the season. Despite these turbulent times I'm looking forward to it.

It's not a mathematical 'must win' but it's certainly a six pointer. I'd like to see us attack from the start, and to keep attacking throughout the game.

We may be at a low ebb, but so must Rochdale be, so let's get at them.

Unfortunately, I can't summon up the optimism to predict a win, so 1-1 it is.
Nice to see , you got this one posted nice and early , take the mind off the Gills game!
Which is good having this game in the week , would be lot worse waiting to next Saturday. Total have to go for it in my mind , a draw is no good! So with that, hope to get a early goal , with their record of letting goals in! So 2-0 to the Yellows!

Looking at our remaining fixtures......if we don't come away with at least four points from the next two games (Rochdale away; Bradford at home on Saturday), then it's going to get really concerning because we've got some tough games coming up towards the end of the season. We need to start picking up the points now against the bad teams.

A win tomorrow night will therefore take some of the pressure off Saturday.

Rochdale's defense has been mostly pretty ropey lately, so we should be able to create chances. Just need to have our most dangerous attackers out there from the outset.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Feeling very positive , scrappy game but unusually chances created converted, 3-1 away win , mackie, sinclair &ruffles, 320 away fans

Play your best team from the start. We’re not good enough defensively, or indeed offensively to hang in and try to knick it late on.

I would personally have the same back four. Whyte for Garbutt, Brannagan for Henry and perhaps even give Graham a rest and play Browne. Graham looked leggy Saturday and Browne is a more than able replacement.

You could draw straws between the strikers tbh.

I'd be happy with Browne in for Graham. He tore them a new one at our place...

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Brannagan Kashi Sykes
Whyte Mackie Graham

1-2, Whyte + Sykes.

As others have said, essential that pacy, attacking players are on from the start. Whyte and / or Browne need bringing in and Brannagan needs restoring to centre mid. Mackie will probably start, which means plenty of pace out wide and fresh legs breaking forward from midfield will be absolutely essential. If he starts Garbutt... well, what’s the bloody point.

Not a clue on the result, but would bet on both teams to score.

Back
Top Bottom