Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/03/2019 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

One of the reasons given for the postponement of the rugby that should have been played on the pitch on Sunday was that the high winds meant the covers couldn't be taken off safely. Forecast is for stronger winds this evening than there was on Sunday.
I think we'll find that Rochdale didn't want the rugby to go ahead to preserve the pitch for tonight. Let's hope we take advantage and get 3 points!

This is a winnable game. They are no great shakes so I expect us to get after them.
Let’s hope that the team play as we all know they can, if they do that, then we will win.
2-0 to us!??

Wether conditions may well play a part tonight ..... hope its a fair wind as far as oufc fortunes go

Looking at our remaining fixtures......if we don't come away with at least four points from the next two games (Rochdale away; Bradford at home on Saturday), then it's going to get really concerning because we've got some tough games coming up towards the end of the season. We need to start picking up the points now against the bad teams.

A win tomorrow night will therefore take some of the pressure off Saturday.

Rochdale's defense has been mostly pretty ropey lately, so we should be able to create chances. Just need to have our most dangerous attackers out there from the outset.
I agree with this. The problem of course is we are one of the bad teams....

I've decided to have my Wi-Fi off and distract myself lol hoping we can get the 3 points!

COYY

I hate windy games makes for poor football, hope any wind drops for the game tonight.

Again nothing to do with football. But we will win because every time I’m past caring and totally fed up with:
The manager, Tiger, HMRC, Kassam, stadium, ultras situation, s**t football but good players and the club and football in general (I’ve hardly watched MOTD this season). Oxford go and win just to keep my hopes alive for Saturday.

I’ll switch off the radio after we go 1 down and find out later we won 2-1.

Can’t see anything but a loss again tonight.

I think we’ll stay up by dint of beating better teams higher up the league but losing to fellow strugglers.

Okay, big big match tonight. Good feeling in my water today, we're going to win this one, even with their new manager. 2-0 for the mighty Yellows.

Tonight's interesting matches and my accumulator forecasts (= my wishful thinking) are:

Bradford v Luton - away win
Gillingham v Bristol Rovers - home win
Plymouth v Shrewsbury - home win
Scunthorpe v Southend - away win
Walsall v Portsmouth - away win
Wycombe v Accrington - home win.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Just revert to Graham and White from the Kick Off. Two conventional wingers. A bit of trickery and plenty of pace. Never mind bringing them on late into the game....things might have been lost by then. Feel confident on this one.

Back
Top Bottom