Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/01/2019 Fleetwood Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Phew.

But let’s not kid ourselves we are still in a lot of trouble.

Agreed.

But the solace is that there are teams above us who could quite easily be sucked into it. I thought we were just trying to scramble out into 19th or 20th but two wins powers you right up the table. Wycombe in 14th are only 6 points above us.

Obviously manufacturing wins changes everything but a couple of choice defeats to the teams above us and it all changes.

Strange game. Mackie did make a big difference. Possibly all the difference. Probably should have won it in the end but obviously a point will do all things considered.

Graham easily our best player.

KRs post match.

1st half had more control than 2nd. They played 1st half like away team, nowhere to get shot off, no angle to work. Played cagey as had pace up top, which stopped them dropping deep. Pleased for players after digging themselves out of hole.

KR went mental at half time - will stay in dressing room. We lacked cutting edge up top. Reffing wasn't great. Thanks fan for coming out to game. Players need to be consistent.

How important is goal? Yes and no, we are better than results, but results are results. Frustrated that we were only team doing anything in 2nd half. Should have been penalty on Henry late on. Graham was outstanding - sounds like a leader in the dressing room. Best player on pitch.

Need more men in dressing room and need older voices in team. Front 3 all young. Back 4 young, so need more leaders. Hanson done his ankle and is in a lot of pain. Here to do something he believes he can do. No timeline on Hanson yet. Long allowed to make mistakes because of desire.

Holmes. Speak to Blades this week re his future about going back. Longer term injury so up in the air. Squad make up is jigsaw. Ivo - needs to go back to Sweden. Trying to get a club over there. No timescales on it, but players may come in a week or so. Striker may have to wait until of month to get the right one.

Despite the great come back in the second half, against our bogey team. KR still has to go imo. My opinion won’t change because of one comeback that earns a point.

Good fight back from the lads. 34 corners for us now and not a goal scored!!!

To be fair, corners are nothing like as valuable as they seem. Stats vary but they suggest only a small percentage of corners lead to goals - 2% seems like a ballpark figure from a quick Google search. 2% of 34 is 0.68 so from 34 corners you'd expect on average to score only once, if that.

Last edited:
KRs post match.

1st half had more control than 2nd. They played 1st half like away team, nowhere to get shot off, no angle to work. Played cagey as had pace up top, which stopped them dropping deep. Pleased for players after digging themselves out of hole.

KR went mental at half time - will stay in dressing room. We lacked cutting edge up top. Reffing wasn't great. Thanks fan for coming out to game. Players need to be consistent.

How important is goal? Yes and no, we are better than results, but results are results. Frustrated that we were only team doing anything in 2nd half. Should have been penalty on Henry late on. Graham was outstanding - sounds like a leader in the dressing room. Best player on pitch.

Need more men in dressing room and need older voices in team. Front 3 all young. Back 4 young, so need more leaders. Hanson done his ankle and is in a lot of pain. Here to do something he believes he can do. No timeline on Hanson yet. Long allowed to make mistakes because of desire.

Holmes. Speak to Blades this week re his future about going back. Longer term injury so up in the air. Squad make up is jigsaw. Ivo - needs to go back to Sweden. Trying to get a club over there. No timescales on it, but players may come in a week or so. Striker may have to wait until of month to get the right one.
Blimey, not too much to hang your hat on there... today was backs to the wall, but as well as they did to get the point, we need wins. Let’s get some effing players in the door!

KR saying yet again “the defence needs to learn, not to keep making mistakes”. They don’t seem to be learning much do they?.

I do agree we need a few more leaders on the pitch though.

KR has to go in my opinion. Didn't want him in the 1st place. The sooner he's gone and replaced the better.

My personal opinion.
He did allude in his interview he thinks he can turn it around, IF given the chance. So clearly understands it's not a for keeps job

That second half showed me Mackie is a 'super sub' not fit enough to start but can be useful of the bench. No.1 priority should be a pair of strikers and a Full back who can play both sides.

KR has to go in my opinion. Didn't want him in the 1st place. The sooner he's gone and replaced the better.

My personal opinion.
I would agree but I’ve accepted that it’s not going to happen. I threw my toys out the pram a bit yesterday regarding our manager but, as people have pointed out, it doesn’t help the team at all. I’ve decided to try and be as positive as I can and to try and be as supportive and understanding to Robinson in his current plight as I possibly can be. Today has proved to me what a little bit of positivity can do. I never gave up that we could get something today, even at half time. Low and behold, we got a point from nowhere. It might be mumbo jumbo but it’s all I’ve got that I can make a difference with, all I know is we should do all we can to avoid relegation.

DaveT, have you still got the keys to the positive bus?! ?

Back
Top Bottom