Home Match Build Up 11/9/2021 L1: OUFC V Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
reckon we'll win this one - if we can defend set-pieces of course!

I've voted for Wycombe to win (with a heavy heart). They are *exactly* the type of team we are going to struggle against judging by the evidence so far this season. Of course, I will be delighted to be proved wrong and to watch us clinically dismiss them by a hatful! Although they *will* score at least one from a dead ball situation.

We're at home so easy W going on the season so far. Probably concede 3 from set pieces, but we'll bang in 5 and take the points.

I’m going 1-1 we can’t defend set pieces Wycombe are experts at taking them but we usually score so 1-1 for me

Helmets on lads.
Wycombebombs incoming.

If we struggled to cope with wimblebum, I cannot think that we will fare much better from the hail Mary Champions.
However, a return to our free flowing best could see them off.
All In all I’ll punt for a 1-1.

Ec03my0U4AEyKgN

A
We should have beaten Cambridge, could have got a draw at Bolton and really should have got at least a draw against Wimbledon. We could/should be 4 points better off and top of the league

agree with this, absolutely battered Cambridge, missed 3 guilt edge chances against Bolton and again against Wimbledon. I think things will start to click. At least least we have started off the season much better than previous but we could be doing even better which is a shame

Sam Long will be back, and he brings leadership and greater calmness about the defence as well as an extra presence at set pieces.

We'll also have Whyte available, and along with Sykes, Holland and Williams we have options to really stretch the play. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kane start either, possibly in place of Henry with Brannagan playing further forward too. And them it's roll the dice time to see who plays in the no.9 position, but looking at the way we're rotating then it may well be Winnall.

Stevens
Long Moore Thorniley Seddon
Gorrin Kane
Sykes Brannagan Whyte
Taylor/Winnall
Play that side and make Wycombe worry about us rather than the other way around!

Play Dan up front from the start. Big physical presence with pace and unpredictability (for us and them :ROFLMAO: ) who will pull their defence about a bit...and might bang in a worldy when you least expect it!

I think i was Otto who mentioned we're shot shy, so put Dan in with Shoot on sight instructions.....(y)

Maybe....maybe not:unsure:

Winnall should only come on when we're defending a lead, not chasing the game.

We gotta go for the win yeah Wycombe are good at set pieces yeah they have big strong players BUT we can put football there player make them work tire them out I’d start
Stevens
Long McNally JT Seddon
Kane
Whyte Henry Brannigan Williams
Agyei/Taylor

I've voted for Wycombe to win (with a heavy heart). They are *exactly* the type of team we are going to struggle against judging by the evidence so far this season. Of course, I will be delighted to be proved wrong and to watch us clinically dismiss them by a hatful! Although they *will* score at least one from a dead ball situation.
I understand where you’re coming from ZTH but you would think the coaching staff would have addressed these problems early on especially barter the Cambridge game and now after the debacle at Wimbledon. As someone else put it Williams 5’7 defending a 6’2 player, ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom