Home Match Day Thread +++ 11/8/18 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Official Match Thread ***

Most probably 0-0. Though a loss is just as likely. Sadly I can't see a win here.

Of course I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong!

2-1 to Oxford. Cant see us keeping a clean sheet but I think with the transfer window out the way and the fear of losing places we will step up our game. We will be 1-0 up at half time through Henry and add a second shortly after the break through obika. Fleetwood will score with 10 minutes to play to set up a nervy finish.

Now that managers can be carded, whats the odds one of them will get one tomorrow? Barton and Robinson on the touchline. The ref will probably spend more time speaking to them then he will the players.

All I want is a performance. I still feel like some of the issues affecting us last week are going to resurface. But whatever the result, we need to be able to take control of the game, properly attack and link up and create some chances.

As for predictions, I think our defence may still let us down. 2-2, Hall and Smith.

Sorry for not being more optimistic, I'll grow into it throughout the season!

If we get the first goal I’m confident we will win. If not we will slug out a nervous draw. Looking forward to Holmes working his magic though, I’ve missed having a maverick in the team since Maguire left.

How depressing was that evening ?!

It wasn’t that bad until McAleny scored. We actually played well. But yeah, was a tough one to take. Kudos to a him (McAleny) though. Showed a bit of class that night in more ways than just the goal itself.

It wasn’t that bad until McAleny scored. We actually played well. But yeah, was a tough one to take. Kudos to a him (McAleny) though. Showed a bit of class that night in more ways than just the goal itself.
It's his birthday tomorrow and if he scores he will celebrate this time!

I'd hate to lose to a Joey Barton side. I'm sure Robinson (a red) would like to get one over Everton supporting Barton too.

Always difficult to know how games will go at this stage of the season but let's hope for an improved performance compared to last week. Time to finally beat Fleetwood Hopefully.

I'd hate to lose to a Joey Barton side

Well - there’s only gonna be one - and probably for not much longer than three months.

3-1 today, and a 100% record against the “former Rangers great” in his entire management career, I’m tipping.

Back
Top Bottom