Home Match Day Thread +++ 11/8/18 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Official Match Thread ***

Leysboy

So our first home game is upon us, and it’s a team we’ve never beaten home or away. Just maybe tomorrow will be that day we finally beat them.

Both of us lost our opening fixtures, and will be looking to get 3 points on the board. It will be interesting to see what line up KR goes with, and I think Holmes will be included in the starting eleven.

Eastwood
Mcmahon,Nelson,Dickie,Garbutt
Mousinho, Brannagan
Holmes,Henry,Hall
Smith

That’s what I’d go with.

Prediction 3-1 home win.

Ive never lost starting a match thread.

I'm optimistic for the season, but alas pessimistic for tomorrow as we are likely to need more time to become more organised etc. I think a similar scoreline to their last visit and probably the same scorer too - sorry but 0-1 for the first home game...although I hope I'm wrong of course.

Better times are ahead though I feel!

Intrigued to see what the starting XI and even bench will be tommorow, think the defence picks itself but rest of the line up could be anything.

Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Mous Brannagan
Hall Henry Holmes
Obika

2-1, Henry + Holmes. UTO

Last edited:
Intrigued to see what the starting XI and even bench will be tommorow, think the defence picks itself but rest of the line up could be anything.

Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Mous Ruffels
Hall Henry Holmes
Obika

2-1, Henry + Holmes. UTO
Can't see him starting Mous and Ruffels and neither should he!!

We need to shore the midfield up and Hansen isn't available, so I can see Mousinho being put there in front of the defense to protect them a bit. That was his role at Burton (and was what i though he was going to do for us when he first signed). But he won't start alongside Ruffels, Brannagan will surely get the nod?

We need to shore the midfield up and Hansen isn't available, so I can see Mousinho being put there in front of the defense to protect them a bit. That was his role at Burton (and was what i though he was going to do for us when he first signed). But he won't start alongside Ruffels, Brannagan will surely get the nod?
Why is Hanson not available?

Injured. Will probably be OK for next weekend.

KR “He has a slight injury so won’t be involved on Saturday but will train fully next week and then come into the squad."

At last a football match we can talk about. Right Fleetwood fast becoming a real pain in the jacksie to us. But maybe just maybe that might change. I got my fingers crossed for a win any win will do and I think Beaks will get the winner.

Obviously looking for a reaction from last week and a big improvement. I don’t think it (last week) will effect us too badly and I’m going for the win.

2-1 Hall & Holmes

In a tasty encounter.

Holmes, Hall, Mousinho and Smith the changes. (Although i think he might give Obika another chance).

Last edited:
Best opportunity we've had to beat Fleetwood. New, inexperienced (and in my opinion not destined for a long career in management) manager at the helm and losing at home to a Wimbledon side who'll probably just tread water again this season. Sure, we're just off the back of a spanking, but we should have home advantage.

Give Barton a bit of grief and get into his side.

I'm going 2-0 win (Holmes & Hall).

Line up:
Eastwood
McMahon, Nelson, Dickie, Garbutt
Mous, Brannagan
Holmes, Browne, Hall
Smith

Subs: Stevens, Norman, Raglan, Ruffles, Henry, Obika, Mackie,
Attendance: 7103

I'd take a draw here any day. Fleetwood are our ultimate bogey team.

I don't know why but i feel as if we may finally beat the Fleetwood curse, we came so close to a point last time. 1-0 win goal early in the first half. Fleetwood will let us play and try to soak up pressure. A couple of players have to step up and make amends for poor performances last week, Henry,Garbutt and Nelson particularly.

Hopefully the fullbacks don't get pinned back like last week, i'd go for Norman over Mcmahon just to give a bit more pace down the right. Must say i like our chances from set pieces around the box with the likes of Garbutt;Holmes;Norman and Brannagan aswell as Mcmahon and then Hanson to come into the side, i think the clear message should be get the ball and drive forward and if you can't get a shot of draw the foul.

Eastwood
Norman Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Mousinho Brannagan
Holmes Henry Hall [TRIPLE H]
Smith

Bench: Stevens;Mcmahon;Raglan;Ruffels;Browne;Mackie;Obika

1-0 Brannagan

We saw against Leeds, that if we start on the front foot we can blow any team away, in contrast we started awfully last week giving the ball away instantly and were on the back foot the rest of the game.

ATT:7630
140 AWAY

Back
Top Bottom