Home Match Day Thread +++ 11/8/18 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Official Match Thread ***

KR has been backed to the hilt by Tiger. Enough of the talk now - his team needs to start delivering the goods.

Failure to win today is in no way a disaster. But I'm looking forward to an upturn in performance in terms of organisation, tactics and fitness.

We can't expect the finished product in the 2nd game of the season but some cause for optimism is required.

Predicted score: 1-1

We have to be wary of a team that contains an attacking threat of McAleny, Ched Evans, Chris Long, Paddy Madden and Kyle Dempsey.

1-1

Hopefully the team will play to the final whistle. McAleney goal was a sickener last season.
I think we will have some goal threat, and although Fleetwood will be out to frustrate us I think we will win 1-0 and at last break that bad run against them. Think James Henry will pop up in the second half 67minutes.
A reasonable crowd of 7111 fans will turn up

It wasn’t that bad until McAleny scored. We actually played well. But yeah, was a tough one to take. Kudos to a him (McAleny) though. Showed a bit of class that night in more ways than just the goal itself.

KR on McAleny: “So if anyone shows him inside on to that right foot they will be in an awful lot of trouble.”

Quite.

I Think it will be a while until we see the best of this team but am hoping they are organised and industrious until then. Having said that I can't help myself....3-1, Holmes on debut, Smith and Beaky. You know who for them.

Few of the Ultras arrived at 12 for a chat with Michael Doyle (StadCo Stadium Manager) this morning, they have banned flags being put on the back wall. Will not allow anything to be put up after risk assessments are completed for the first time since we moved into the Kastad from the Manor.

They have also stopped all club staff arriving before 12 on a match day.

Few of the Ultras arrived at 12 for a chat with Michael Doyle (StadCo Stadium Manager) this morning, they have banned flags being put on the back wall. Will not allow anything to be put up after risk assessments are completed for the first time since we moved into the Kastad from the Manor.

That’s ridiculous

It does show how the StadCo have been run previously. No risk assessments done, etc and suddenly rules are there.

Onto the match. Need a good start today and for the midfield to get a semblance of grip on the game from the get go. Positive vibes needed from all that go!

Hoping for a nice win, if only to keep @Mellowyellow, moustache man and friends under their rocks.
3-1 Brannagan, Smith and Holmes.

I’ve been complying to forum protocol and been really positive recently.
Predicting a2-1 win today, following some great signings.

Try learning to read what people post, you gorgeous keyboard commander you.

Absolutel idiot

Absolutely disgraceful.
Kassam has treated the club with distain for many years.
The grounds needs to be sorted out. Let's hope that Tiger has it near the top of his priorities.

Sounds like Kassam has decided to put his foot down whilst him and Eales have gone to arbitration. Staff queuing up to get inside the building whilst fans are waiting to purchase tickets this morning.

Maybe a classic 442 today? Smith and Mackie up top? Wouldn't mind that as neither gives us much of a focal point as the lone striker. Also, hope we get to see some of Browne today.

Back
Top Bottom