Home Match Day Thread +++ 11/1/2020 OUFC V Rotherham United L1 +++

Holland showing a bit of spark.

What the f**k did baptiste do just then? Forgot the ball!

My issue is the creeping number of defeats that we've acquired of late. You can forgive some throughout the season, and assuming this one heads towards what looks like a comprehensive defeat to a very decent Rotherham side, we're now up to seven defeats for the season. That's a fair number and doesn't leave a lot of room for the odd ricket from now until early May.

Most sides that go up from League 1 automatically total fewer than 10 defeats through the season. I've listed the number of defeats that the top two (in the case of 2014-15, top three) ended up with.

2014-15 - 5, 9, 7
2015-16 - 7, 11
2016-17 - 6, 10
2017-18 - 6, 6
2018-19 - 6, 7

Whilst we won three in a row between the defeat to MK Dons and Doncaster and bounced back against Hartlepool, those defeats are worrying.

A better start to the second half. Holland looking good referee took some stupid abuse for not booking the player immediately. Made those shouting you don't know what your doing at him look silly.

Think we missed the opportunity to get back into this after failing to capitalise on that intense start to the second half. Baptiste miss really important - don't want to speculate, but the attempted rollover struck me as being the action of someone wanting to add to their individual recent highlight reel...

One back.

Bit of pressure in the next five minutes and we could at the very least make this uncomfortable for Rotherham.

Goalllll Browne. Good lad. Too late I feel, but I remember a Pompey game years ago finishing 5-5 when we looked dead and buried.

Why the effing jeffing eff didn't we start with this team?
Clearly a bad error, but can we get another back and make the end interesting?
COYY

C’mon!! Weve got Matty Taylor in our squad who makes things happen in front of goal - why dont we play him more??!

Back
Top Bottom