Home Match Day Thread +++ 11/1/2020 OUFC V Rotherham United L1 +++

Sarge

God like member
Top end of l1 clash, two in form sides who play contrasting styles of the game. Hopefully a half decent referee with PL David Webb in charge. Hopefully KR will ease new additions into the team, with a couple of them on the bench (Holland & Browne) thus avoiding too much disruption. Think itll be a close game with the u's running out 2-1 winners....Ruffs n long sharing the spoils

It will be a hard game tomorrow, regardless of all of the joy over the many signings, they are a very good team. We'll need to be at our best, but I hope the buzz from the new signings will push us over the line!

COYFY!

Northern Irish contingent on me family are over and at the game tomorrow.....2 players theyre hoping to see feature are Sam Long - my youngest daughter used to baby sit him years ago in bicester, and Sam plays the same postition as my eldest grandson (player the year in his u11 side in Potavogie for 2019)

And Mark Sykes- my son in law's aunt taught him at school in Northern Ireland

My son in law is missing a NI local derby cup match between Portavogie and a team from 2 or 3 villages away. Theyre over so my youngest daughter can help my eldest daughter with wedding n bridesmaids dresses....the men and the boys +future son in law are going to the game, while the girls do womens stuff

Last edited:
A tough game, but I think the new signings will provide a boost. 2-0 home win.

2-2, take a draw against them and a win v Ipswich. Think Rotherham and Coventry are our main promotion rivals.

Weddings are expensive when it’s your daughter, well my daughters was, flipping expensive.

Fousands and fousands it were guv.
twernt cheap for my youngest daughters wedding, last year :oops:

Top end of l1 clash, two in form sides who play contrasting styles of the game. Hopefully a half decent referee with PL David Webb in charge. Hopefully KR will ease new additions into the team, with a couple of them on the bench (Holland & Browne) thus avoiding too much disruption. Think itll be a close game with the u's running out 2-1 winners....Ruffs n long sharing the spoils
Yet we will still be in the last 4 segment of quest the EFL show ?

This is going to go 2 ways. Either we gel and it is all over by HT, or 0-0 - personally think the former, OUFC to score 4 and win and the 16-1 is nuts!

Looking forward to this but I'll take a draw,it'll be a hard game. As @Sarge says, not too many changes but a migration to a bit more pace and incisiveness going forward.

First view of the future. COYY!

twernt cheap for my youngest daughters wedding, last year :oops:
Tell me about it m my middle daughter out of three daughters gets married in June and thank god that’s the final one, but 3 weddings in 5 years is bloody expensive ???

Last edited:
I think we’ll line up -

Eastwood, Long, Dickie, Mousinho, Ruffels, Brannagan, Gorrin, Baptiste, Browne, Mackie, Fosu.

Oxford 1-0 Rotherham. Taylor will score off the bench.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin Baptiste
Browne Taylor Fosu

SUBS: Holland, Kelly, Mackie, Moore, Sykes, Agyei, Stevens

Too big a game to change too much too soon, so Holland and Kelly start on the bench for me, but Browne can hopefully slot straight into the side to replace Henry, who will be missed.

Rotherham are a good footballing side, who are on good form and will be tough to beat, but they won't park the bus, or try to implement an "anti-football" style to stifle us, they'll attempt to play football, which could play into our hands, as if we're on form, I can't imagine them outplaying us.

It's gonna be a cracker!

COYY

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin Baptiste
Browne Taylor Fosu

SUBS: Holland, Kelly, Mackie, Moore, Sykes, Agyei, Stevens

Too big a game to change too much too soon, so Holland and Kelly start on the bench for me, but Browne can hopefully slot straight into the side to replace Henry, who will be missed.

Rotherham are a good footballing side, who are on good form and will be tough to beat, but they won't park the bus, or try to implement an "anti-football" style to stifle us, they'll attempt to play football, which could play into our hands, as if we're on form, I can't imagine them outplaying us.

It's gonna be a cracker!

COYY
Kelly isnt anywhere near match fit...hes played once this season ... wouldnt risk him, (just yet) even on the bench

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom