Sport 11/09/21 - US Open final - Emma Raducanu v Layla Fernandez

Why is the other one moaning?!

Ridiculous.

Ive seen unsportsmanlike ‘medical’ time outs before but that was not one of them. She had a cut and needed a plaster - that’s it. You can’t go bleeding all over the court.

Fernandez should have sat down, taken on some fluids and got her head back in the game.

First ever qualifier to win a Slam too. Jeez. The magnitude of this is extraordinary.

That’s SPOTY sorted.

No matter how many medals anyone wins at the Olympics, nothing will come close to the story Raducanu has produced.

It’s akin to a a side in the National League winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal en route. 10 matches to win a Slam has been never done before and she didn’t drop a set either.

Last edited:
That’s SPOTY sorted.

No matter how many medals anyone wins at the Olympics, nothing will come close to the story Raducanu has produced.

It’s akin to a a side in the National League winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal en route. 10 matches to win a Slam has been never done before and she didn’t drop a set either.

You would have thought so.

But I am sure Lewis “twatty” Hamilton will be in the final selection.

The Queen has sent a letter of congratulations already.

What an evening we just witnessed...

Now onto David Haye and his zimmerframe fight!

You would have thought so.

But I am sure Lewis “twatty” Hamilton will be in the final selection.

Tennis is a sport. Driving a car round and round in circles is called being lost on the M25.

Not even comparable achievements. Raducanu’s win might be the greatest achievement from a British sportsperson I have ever seen. No hyperbole from that statement at all.

Back
Top Bottom