Sport 11/09/21 - US Open final - Emma Raducanu v Layla Fernandez

You would have thought so.

But I am sure Lewis “twatty” Hamilton will be in the final selection.
And I would guess (so far):
Joe Root (Cricket)
Jason or Laura Kenny (Cycling)
Sarah Storey (Cycling)
Tom Daley (Diving)
Max Whitlock (Gymnastics)
Louis Rees-Zammit (Rugby Union)

Potential for Fury to be in the mix again if he dominates Wilder to the same extent, and I would have said Rachel Blackmore but Irish aren't eligible.

A good final to watch. Impressive from Raducanu but a close final with good play from both.

Disappointed they didn't give her a Comedy sized large check cheque though rather than a normal sized one. BRING BACK COMEDY SIZED CHEQUES.

A good final to watch. Impressive from Raducanu but a close final with good play from both.

Disappointed they didn't give her a Comedy sized large check cheque though rather than a normal sized one. BRING BACK COMEDY SIZED CHEQUES.
checks.jpg

And I would guess (so far):
Joe Root (Cricket)
Jason or Laura Kenny (Cycling)
Sarah Storey (Cycling)
Tom Daley (Diving)
Max Whitlock (Gymnastics)
Louis Rees-Zammit (Rugby Union)

Potential for Fury to be in the mix again if he dominates Wilder to the same extent, and I would have said Rachel Blackmore but Irish aren't eligible

Back in 1997 Greg Rusedski won SPOTY by virtue of making a Slam final (and losing it in straight sets). Now we have an athlete in Laura Kenny who has won her third gold in as many Olympics who may not even have a podium finish.

British sport is in a much better place now. Even the national sides in football are more competitive. It’s great to see.

I’m still stunned by Emma Raducanu’s victory last night.

Tennis is a sport. Driving a car round and round in circles is called being lost on the M25.

Not even comparable achievements. Raducanu’s win might be the greatest achievement from a British sportsperson I have ever seen. No hyperbole from that statement at all.

Couldn‘t agree more.

Back in 1997 Greg Rusedski won SPOTY by virtue of making a Slam final (and losing it in straight sets). Now we have an athlete in Laura Kenny who has won her third gold in as many Olympics who may not even have a podium finish.

British sport is in a much better place now. Even the national sides in football are more competitive. It’s great to see.

I think most of Britain were.

Yep, all the better for immigration. Note.

Yep, all the better for immigration. Note.

Ah classic bait line, I`ll take it.

Her parents are perfectly legal and dare I say comfortably wealthy, migrants.

There is a substantial difference between legal, qualified migration following the correct channels and folk arriving illegally on RIB`s or in the backs of lorries.

Unless you are a frothing lefty twitter user when "they are all the same".....

Ah classic bait line, I`ll take it.

Her parents are perfectly legal and dare I say comfortably wealthy, migrants.

There is a substantial difference between legal, qualified migration following the correct channels and folk arriving illegally on RIB`s or in the backs of lorries.

Unless you are a frothing lefty twitter user when "they are all the same".....
What’s better, a massively wealthy illegal immigrant or a poor but legal one?

What’s better, a massively wealthy illegal immigrant or a poor but legal one?

My personal choice would be the person who has followed the correct legal route and obtained the correct paperwork to be here.
Living on an island surrounded by water it is not beyond the wit of man to count people in and count them out when they leave.
In my simplistic world that is properly managed migration and there are benefits to both sides of the equation.
The person is less likely to be exploited, the state can plan healthcare, etc etc better and the person has access to a better life and can integrate into society.

Ridiculous.

Ive seen unsportsmanlike ‘medical’ time outs before but that was not one of them. She had a cut and needed a plaster - that’s it. You can’t go bleeding all over the court.

Fernandez should have sat down, taken on some fluids and got her head back in the game.

First ever qualifier to win a Slam too. Jeez. The magnitude of this is extraordinary.
They even said in the commentary on the feed that I was watching that the bleeding had to be stopped.
The injury occurred at completely the wrong time for Fernández who was on a bit of a roll at the time.
Maybe the magnitude of the point in the match got to her.
Two very young girls in a very high pressure match so no doubt they're emotions will be readily visible.
Fernández should have sat down and focused on the resumption of the match, but that's easy for a fat bloke sat on the sofa to say
Maybe when Radicanu pulled out at Wimbledon she learned a hell of a lot more about mental strength than anyone can teach

Back
Top Bottom