Away Match Day Thread +++ 11/02/20 Burton Albion v OUFC +++

Home to the Shire left 5 minutes early missed the second goal ☹️ Should leave early every game!
In summary always second best to second balls to many lose passes, improved in the second half, Agyei made the difference not just with his goal, gave their defenders something different to think about. Why we don’t play 2 up front I’ll never know !! And yes it was bl00dy cold.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Overall we were lucky to conquer their defence at the end all the albion fans said we will shut up shop after 1-0. Although their 2nd was a good goal still against the run of play. If we had lost we would hve been fully out of the playoffs inmyop. This gives us a slight chance. we will sneak in so will see what tomorrow brings. all is not lost but we must turn on the style from here on out especialy in feb. this is the most important time 4 us

• React
Not sure how to feel after that one.

Poor first half with another fully preventable goal conceded. We didn't look like we knew how to break them down and were so predictable, Burton didn't have to do very much to eliminate our threats.
Agyei changed us for the better, it gave Burton a different threat to deal with and allowed Brannagan to get on the ball and drive forward. We looked a much better side. Taylor with a terrific ball to Agyei who held his man off well and somehow got the ball home via the keeper.
Criminal second goal to concede after turning the screw and getting back in the game. But we kept going and continued to look dangerous. Fantastic work by Gorrin for the second and Taylor showing the poacher he is if given the opportunities.

A couple of negatives - Wish Holland would take it to the byeline more often rather than cutting inside. The over passing across the back four is beginning to look shakier every game.

But in the positive column is the return of Forde who produced some dangerous deliveries at corners.

Hollland wasn't great tbh but we cannot expect miricles from him tbh..You can tell their is a pronlem between Kr and Agahi..Because even whenhe came on. He would not talk to KR for tackcis etc.Just DF. when I was in the tunnel after KR kinda blanked him Which was worrying tbh as he did chnge the game this match. But giving Kr the benefit of the doubt He"agahi" was not spectacular. But I must say I think if Mackie had been on the feild we would have been going home 2-1.So its up to them both to sort their issues out.

Hollland wasn't great tbh but we cannot expect miricles from him tbh..You can tell their is a pronlem between Kr and Agahi..Because even whenhe came on. He would not talk to KR for tackcis etc.Just DF. when I was in the tunnel after KR kinda blanked him Which was worrying tbh as he did chnge the game this match. But giving Kr the benefit of the doubt He"agahi" was not spectacular. But I must say I think if Mackie had been on the feild we would have been going home 2-1.So its up to them both to sort their issues out.
As well as he played, I always felt Agyei looked short on confidence. Perhaps it’s a result of his put-downs from KR. He has his limitations, but he will develop with time. And also, Mr Robinson, with a pat on the back.

They had planned to bring him on after 60 mins to get behind the Burton back 4 by playing him on the right, so good management from KR. Further, he scored (good) but that was all he did and he made little impact elsewhere.

Pleased for the kid, but the obsession some have with him is a bit, well, strange

Yes, good management to bring him on in this match, but hardly play him in any others.

Yes, it's a pity all he did was score a goal to get us a point. Why on earth he couldn't have run around jumping into people only he will know.

He’s still thinking about giving away the whole of the North stand to away fans...
Yes , when l ever see Mr MB it all comes back , his mistake of the North Stand ... Oh and the Fax .. Not good times Mr MB!

And , who is this Green Machine , taken over the forum’s as top lad??

They had planned to bring him on after 60 mins to get behind the Burton back 4 by playing him on the right, so good management from KR. Further, he scored (good) but that was all he did and he made little impact elsewhere.

Pleased for the kid, but the obsession some have with him is a bit, well, strange
All he did was score a goal... bloody hell I’ve read it all now, has someone ever pointed out to you that he’s a striker? And were you aware that it’s normally the main goal of a striker to put the ball in the back of the net?

I couldn’t care less if the guy sat down for half the game, if he scores a goal, his output is still worlds away from what Mackie produces in a game

We’ll smash Sunderland this weekend and all will be right with the world, you heard it here first

All he did was score a goal... bloody hell I’ve read it all now, has someone ever pointed out to you that he’s a striker? And were you aware that it’s normally the main goal of a striker to put the ball in the back of the net?

I couldn’t care less if the guy sat down for half the game, if he scores a goal, his output is still worlds away from what Mackie produces in a game
To the point , spot on . I have backed Mackie for along time, but it is now time to move on and goals is what it is about.

A oxford fan. Don't worry I am Receding back to obscurity from here on out. normal service resumed
Lol , no it’s great to see your active stuff , I am only joking , so keeps the posts going ??

Massive couple of weeks coming up... if we can pull our fingers out and somehow beat Sunderland, then a good chance also at home against Wimbledon. Grab a point at Ipswich then 2 more home games against Accy and Southend. I know our form has been proper off but we can only hope for another run to start and maybe that last min equaliser was the turning point. Get 11 or 12 points out of them we would be right back in the hunt.

Massive couple of weeks coming up... if we can pull our fingers out and somehow beat Sunderland, then a good chance also at home against Wimbledon. Grab a point at Ipswich then 2 more home games against Accy and Southend. I know our form has been proper off but we can only hope for another run to start and maybe that last min equaliser was the turning point. Get 11 or 12 points out of them we would be right back in the hunt.
Yes , great point and just like the infamous Bradford game , this could be a reverse of our poor game of late as Newcastle the whole took to much out of the players.

Of course, it might be the case that Agyei scored in part because he brought speed against a tiring defence, as someone (Stevie K?) in the commentary team pointed out. So rather than critiquing KR for not having started him perhaps it's worth congratulating him for using his substitutions wisely.

I just find it really hard to believe that someone who's known for bringing the best out of young players, and being strongly supportive of them (except when they cock up), would decide not to play someone because of some type of casual dislike. It just doesn't make sense.

Of course, KR obviously values Mackie for more than his goal-scoring abilities--but I'd rather play someone who scores the odd goal than someone best known for his "shithousery". There again, I'm obviously not a manager!

Of course, it might be the case that Agyei scored in part because he brought speed against a tiring defence, as someone (Stevie K?) in the commentary team pointed out. So rather than critiquing KR for not having started him perhaps it's worth congratulating him for using his substitutions wisely.

I just find it really hard to believe that someone who's known for bringing the best out of young players, and being strongly supportive I know of them (except when they cock up), would decide not to play someone because of some type of casual dislike. It just doesn't make sense.

Of course, KR obviously values Mackie for more than his goal-scoring abilities--but I'd rather play someone who scores the odd goal than someone best known for his "shithousery". There again, I'm obviously not a manager!
This is a difficult one . As I know Mackie,gives lot out of the game, but we need goals!

.... Karl Robinson seems to always downplay Agyei's performances and it can even be suggested that he actually doesn't want Agyei to do well....

It can, but only by an idiot.

Not that the situation isn't baffling. It is.

Haven’t read all pages just yet
But my concerns last night were similar to those before the Posh game, playing too many players from the start who weren’t fully fit
Cam, Matty, Henry, Kelly all just back from injury and/or just not natch fit.... how can a team play with that many not fully fit .....

• React
Back
Top Bottom