Away Match Day Thread +++ 11/02/20 Burton Albion v OUFC +++

Agyei now has the same amount of goals as Mackie and he has yet to even start a match and has played less than 100 minutes in comparison to Mackie having played over 1500 minutes. In the post match interviews Karl Robinson seems to always downplay Agyei's performances and it can even be suggested that he actually doesn't want Agyei to do well when he plays by the continued lack of praise and acknowledgement he gives him when he does well. This i find really strange and sad as this poor man-management by the manager will make the player feel like he isn't treated equally as despite Agyei coming on and changing the game, Mackie will most likely start against Sunderland on Saturday and run around like a headless chicken without providing any threat whatsoever. Karl Robinson honestly needs to wisen up on his team selections as the play-off places aren't a joke and are at stake.

Agyei now has the same amount of goals as Mackie and he has yet to even start a match and has played less than 100 minutes in comparison to Mackie having played over 1500 minutes. In the post match interviews Karl Robinson seems to always downplay Agyei's performances and it can even be suggested that he actually doesn't want Agyei to do well when he plays by the continued lack of praise and acknowledgement he gives him when he does well. This i find really strange and sad as this poor man-management by the manager will make the player feel like he isn't treated equally as despite Agyei coming on and changing the game, Mackie will most likely start against Sunderland on Saturday and run around like a headless chicken without providing any threat whatsoever. Karl Robinson honestly needs to wisen up on his team selections as the play-off places aren't a joke and are at stake.

What's KR's issue with Agyei? He looks quality.

Interesting to see what we do on Saturday in midfield with no Gorrin, and presumably no Kelly, to sit in front of the back four.

I know Henry has tried playing there in the past, but it didn't work. It stops him playing to his strengths, which are getting forward and creating. Same would be true of Brannagan.
From his time on the pitch at Newcastle, Thorne doesn't seem ready yet for 90 minutes. Or even 60.

Playing Mousinho there and bringing Moore into the back four could be a possibility, although KR hasn't seemed to want to do that this season.
Could Anthony Forde do a job there, perhaps?

Interesting to see what we do on Saturday in midfield with no Gorrin, and presumably no Kelly, to sit in front of the back four.

I know Henry has tried playing there in the past, but it didn't work. It stops him playing to his strengths, which are getting forward and creating. Same would be true of Brannagan.
From his time on the pitch at Newcastle, Thorne doesn't seem ready yet for 90 minutes. Or even 60.

Playing Mousinho there and bringing Moore into the back four could be a possibility, although KR hasn't seemed to want to do that this season.

I think Moore might play at centre back as Mousinho has now played Saturday - Tuesday, so Sat-Tues-Sat might be a bit much for him.

I’d like to see Thorne there, but if he isn’t fit then you’re probably looking at Forde, Brannigan or Henry as you say...

Again tad too much negativity on this thread. Thought we were getting back to some form in the second half. Cam Bran is certainly
getting there. Good subs by Robbo as well.

Long had a rotten game though and I can see Forde stepping in on Saturday. Agyei on the pitch woke Taylor up and we suddenly looked sharp up top.

That was a diabolical first goal to give away , what what exactly was Eastwood up to?

We are lucky to have such good quality local broadcasters. Kinniburgh didn’t pull his punches either and the whole I follow experience was well worth a tenner.

COYY

I’d play Forde at right back and slot Mous in as the holder. Thorne might play I suppose but it’s a bit of a risk.

While I've grown increasingly frustrated with Mackie over the course of the year and also found Agyei's cameos exciting, I've generally been of the, "KR sees the lad every day in training, we only see the odd few minutes, I trust his judgement" school of thought. But the evidence really is stacking up. Game changing performance against Newcastle and had another big impact today. The stat about his goal tally in under 100 minutes being equal with Mackie's is mad. I appreciate maybe his pace and power off the bench is maybe more effective against a tiring defence, but with Browne out and Holland inconsistent we seem to lack that kind of threat (again) in our starting XI.

A bittersweet result. I said must-win before the game and I still feel it was, so however exciting it is getting a stoppage time equaliser, I really don't think this is that good a result. The kinds of teams we were on a level with just a few weeks ago nearly all picked up wins tonight, too, drawing even further away from us. Similarly, in the broader scheme of things, ending up missing Gorrin for two games, on a night when he was supposed to be being rested, is catastrophic (perhaps a bit strong - but Kelly really struggling in that role showed just how difficult it is to do well imo).

However, the performance I felt gave some cause for optimism. We really only dropped two points because of individual errors at the back. While these are concerning, I'd rather them than conceding by being totally outplayed. We reverted to our swift, side-to-side passing for large periods in the game, and looked like the free-flowing footballing side that tore L1 a new one in the late autumn. Brannigan's improvement throughout the game was hopeful the beginning of him playing himself back into form, and Henry also played some useful balls. Holland, as I mentioned at HT, is pretty one-footed, but I thought he actually put in some strong deliveries in that second half when he did manage to get onto his right peg. A stoppage time equaliser is also generally a good indication of a squad having a good mentality, and is a boost for morale. And, as I say, goals for our two strikers were extremely welcome.

Massive respect to all who traveled, that must have been pretty grim for long periods. Hopefully we can build on the positive elements of the performance on Saturday.

the guy came over with the shirt said.. "are you table 3 I'm like yes table 3.. Of course we are table 3... haha E-bay that mo fo put mt jacket over it. Haha coyy

Back
Top Bottom