Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
in the main, consistent with his decisions, the game flowed, and the ref got on with his job without controversy .... for me a decent score of 7/10

Only really weird decision was early on when Baptiste was taken down outside the area and he gave them a free kick?! But didn’t book him for diving or anything.
Just the same point I was going to make!

Other than that, a fairly unremarkable performance. Fortunately, H&Y played without resorting to the physical type of play that sometimes happens at the lower levels so, not a great deal of nonsense for the officials to deal with.

Easy game to ref. He did play one excellent advantage that he then brought back when nothing came of it. He also resisted the urge to become the star of the show on live TV, wasn't over-fussy and generally I didn't notice him - which is always a good sign. A solid 7 from me, but I could be persuaded he was worth a bit more.

Can anyone explain the thinking behind it?
I was actually applauding the award of a free kick when I noticed the ref pointing the wrong way! If Shandon did dive (and he's not an entirely innocent young man!) then surely, at the very least, a word about cheating?

Can anyone explain the thinking behind it?
haven't watched it back, and can't remember. Was it a direct or indirect free kick after? if for diving would be indirect, if for other offence, ie if he handled it when he fell, then it would be direct (as far as I can work out of the laws).

haven't watched it back, and can't remember. Was it a direct or indirect free kick after? if for diving would be indirect, if for other offence, ie if he handled it when he fell, then it would be direct (as far as I can work out of the laws).

Can’t remember but can confirm that it was definitely a free-kick. More so than the one which was given and led to Fosu hitting the post.

It definitely wasn’t a dive, he was clipped, but as manourlonger said he didn’t book Baptiste or even talk to him just gave a (not sure if direct or indirect) free kick to the other team. Don’t think the ball was handled by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom