Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/11/2018 Forest Green Rovers v OUFC FAC1 +++

Just got back. That was right up there in the top ten of the most boringly inept matches I have ever had to sit through!
I guess that you haven't seen Oxford much?
I guess that you didn't go to Barnsley or Pompey away this season?
Or most of the games in the Conference under Patterson (Or even Jim Smith)
We were very very poor but I have seen dozens of games far worse than Saturday

It wasn’t that bad a game, reasonably absorbing I thought, the result in the balance until the end and some decent bits of skill, mainly from Whyte. We weren’t at full intensity and had a useless centre forward.

Sad that you’ve taken the Premiershite stance of dissing the oldest cup competition in the world.

I take it you’d go if we draw a big club in the 3rd round or Swindon in the 2nd round. That’s if we get that far!!

What has the Premiership got to do with anything ? When was the last time we had a sub 4k crowd for a league game ? The FA cup died for me when the final was moved from Saturday 3PM and Fergie pulled Manu out.

Really? That was in the year 2000. I think.

Which means that our exploits in the competition since then mean nothing to you? There have been some pretty good days!

The FA cup for me is about playing non league/part time teams away and hopefully getting a big team at home or away.

I love the cup but I don't go to every game if it doesn't excite me. I didn't go Saturday as FGR at home doesn't excite me. That's no disrespect to FGR as us away is probably the same for them. If we win I won't go to Plymouth either. Been a couple of times before so nothing new and I have to be picky.

You can't get excited all the time about every draw, thats just life.

I think most clubs now don't give their season ticket holders a free cup game so crowds suffer. Plymouth average 8k most league games. The crowd will be a lot less against us or FGR.

It's still a special cup, the best cup out there for me.

Back
Top Bottom