Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/11/19 FA Cup Hayes and Yeading v OUFC +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking outside, it's probably a good thing the game was moved to tomorrow. This is the kind of weather that can even things up, as pitches can become mud baths.

With the weather today let’s hope the match actually goes ahead didn’t there game last week get called off because the pitch was waterlogged

With the weather today let’s hope the match actually goes ahead didn’t there game last week get called off because the pitch was waterlogged
Yep it is a worry. Rain there all day and this evening. Drying up overnight and sunny tomorrow. Could be touch and go if the drainage is poor!!

Need to find a stream to watch the game, any recommendations?

I’ve seen Berkoe a few times and I disagree, I certainly wouldn’t have him over Ruffels and I’d be worried if he was facing Ipswich or Wycombe away, but he’s been ok when I’ve seen him, a pacy but raw young player, should be able to do a job against non-league opposition, especially with an experienced CB next to him talking him through the game. Which games specifically has he disappointed you in?

I was lucky to catch the Wimbledon behind closed doors game, as I was meeting someone, and he was one of a number who had a poor game. But, he shouldn't have to rely on having an experienced CB next to him as a reason for including him in a first 11.
If that's the case then he shouldn't be in the team, he should be there on merit.

Are there any fans that live in Hayes'ish area to keep us up to date with the local weather, to keep us positive about the prospects of the game going ahead?
Or we could tap up Dubai Yellow, who could pretend he lives in Hayes, to give us his local report.

I was lucky to catch the Wimbledon behind closed doors game, as I was meeting someone, and he was one of a number who had a poor game. But, he shouldn't have to rely on having an experienced CB next to him as a reason for including him in a first 11.
If that's the case then he shouldn't be in the team, he should be there on merit.

There are plenty of players with raw talent, who need to be moulded into more complete players.

Ruffs is out, so its Berkoe, Long (needed to cover Cadden at RB), or Elechi. Of those, Berkoe has shown that has good characteristics going forwards. This is as good a game as any to give him a run-out.

He would be there because our first choice LB is injured and there’s no other left backs in the squad. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a young full back coming into the team and being talked through the game by a more experienced CB playing alongside him - is there?

Are there any fans that live in Hayes'ish area to keep us up to date with the local weather, to keep us positive about the prospects of the game going ahead?
Or we could tap up Dubai Yellow, who could pretend he lives in Hayes, to give us his local report.
We'll it's absolutely chucking it down in Barbados this morning if that's any help.

We'll it's absolutely chucking it down in Barbados this morning if that's any help.
I could probably stretch to buying a ticket if we played a match on your doorstep. Not sure Mrs ZtH would be that happy about the travelling expenses or the fact that I'd need to acclimatise for a week before the game and another one afterwards!

He would be there because our first choice LB is injured and there’s no other left backs in the squad. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a young full back coming into the team and being talked through the game by a more experienced CB playing alongside him - is there?
I thought KR said Josh could be ready for Sunday in which case give Bernie a game against Crawley

Bit of a weird one this - we spank them and it is to be expected, but we lose and it’s headlines.
A respectable win then tomorrow will suffice, but you have to earn the right to beat these sides so with a strong start we should see them off. 0-3 Agyei, Sykes and Moore.

Bit of a weird one this - we spank them and it is to be expected, but we lose and it’s headlines.
A respectable win then tomorrow will suffice, but you have to earn the right to beat these sides so with a strong start we should see them off. 0-3 Agyei, Sykes and Moore.
Who is this Agyei person? I thought he was a vague notion that nobody’s ever seen.

Didn’t spot Ruffels training today. Taylor looked very sharp and was playing for what looked like the first 11 in training.

You also need to take out Lopes, Elechi & Sole from your thinking as they all had 90mins today in very tough conditions for the youth team. Nico Jones was the only youth player training with the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom