Away Match Day Thread 10/10/2020 L1 Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on Twitter and not sure I'm ok with it. I'm pretty firmly of the belief that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room - the manager needs to be able to dig out his players / talk to them in private without risk of what he's saying being broadcast to the world. I don't think the filmer should have uploaded the video at all, but that's beside the point really. How can some kid with a camera phone be in a position to record what's being said behind closed doors? How can the facilities be that poor / easily accessed? KR's pretty lucky what's being said is fairly generic manager talk, too - can you imagine if he was absolutely chewing out one individual player, having chosen to take a more diplomatic tone publicly? It could destroy a player's confidence.

At the return game, get Gillingham to change in the North Stand toilets then we'll hear the Tax Fraud's teamtalk in full.

• React
Reactions: m
On the radio yesterday Dave Pritchard from the OM said we are about to play something like 11 games in 36 days. We have six defenders of which Mousinho is still injured (leaving just two centre backs), one of those in Atkinson couldn’t play this weekend as he’s got a niggle, and the only left back in Ruffels has just returned from a four week injury and will now need to play every three days or so for 5-6 weeks. There is also Covid, which will only become more prominent over the next month or two and make multiple players unavailable. Although most squads will have to juggle and patch things up a bit at various times, two positive tests and we’re absolutely screwed defensively. And that’s assuming everyone is fit and available to begin with - if there’s an injury on top of that then it’s pretty much game over.

There is a very, very important game in a fortnight and if we go into that unable to even name a proper defence, or down to the absolute bare bones again with midfielders playing right back and right backs filling in at centre back etc, there will be a bloody riot. We got away with it last season in terms of depth and injuries, but now Cadden is gone (people forget he’s a full Scotland international and was being watched with a view to a recall while with us), and Dickie has gone to the Championship and been replaced with a prospect from non-league who needs time to grow and evolve. Injury status aside, Mousinho is also another year older and becoming more coach and less player with each passing week.

If we get to next Friday and all we’ve done is sign a winger and another centre midfielder (we already have seven), and defensively there’s nothing but a 19 year old loanee as some sort of token gesture, the people making that call need their nut sacks flicking.
Hope I’m wrong but maybe we don’t have the finance for any signings other than callow academy prospects.

And also no one’s got the finance to take on our excess squad baggage either.

Saw this on Twitter and not sure I'm ok with it. I'm pretty firmly of the belief that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room - the manager needs to be able to dig out his players / talk to them in private without risk of what he's saying being broadcast to the world. I don't think the filmer should have uploaded the video at all, but that's beside the point really. How can some kid with a camera phone be in a position to record what's being said behind closed doors? How can the facilities be that poor / easily accessed? KR's pretty lucky what's being said is fairly generic manager talk, too - can you imagine if he was absolutely chewing out one individual player, having chosen to take a more diplomatic tone publicly? It could destroy a player's confidence.

Because we weren't in the usual dressing room.
We were literally the other side of the turnstiles for their family stand area which entrance/exit is on a residential road. You can't stop people walking past the stadium. Be no different to if any side had to get changed in the north stand concourse area at our place.

When people talk of Chris Cadden they forget that he was pretty ropey defensively when he first arrived. It was Gorrin moving to a deeper role, and Mous coming back into the side that tightened up our defence and gave Cadden the freedom to play further up the pitch.

Sean Clare has been poor, and is nowhere near the level Chris Cadden was, but he hasn't had the protection needed to play to his strengths.

Hopefully getting a bit of bite and experience back in the side will take the pressure off and things will final click into place.

Sean Clare terrifies me. It's almost awkward how far off he is. He's that far below the required standard as it stands.

I really hate the way this forum turns on players, even Eastwood, one of our best since 2016 and the guy that got us to the playoff final. Looks like a lack of moral strength to me, can’t bear adversity so lash out at a scapegoat. Just the sort of s**t that fascists like Trump know they can exploit. You’re better than that!

I don’t like Trump but please use language carefully. He is not remotely classifiable as a fascist. He’s a bad leader with whom you disagree on his policies.

Also stop bringing politics into football threads

This thread is getting out of hand, so covid rules will apply. Thread closing earlier than normal.

As somebody said earlier, STOP BRINGING POLITICS INTO FOOTBALL THREADS. People are getting too lazy. Penalties will be given for foul play.

The left attacked the right, the right defended and then the right attacked the left and the left defended my view was from a central point, hope that’s ok and not to political @Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom